Night Porters - Monday to Friday Night Shift
Night Shift - College Porter
Monday to Friday 23.00 hrs to 07.00 hrs
Pay - from £11.44 phMain Duties
- To have sole responsibility for providing overnight safety and security service to students, staff, and visitors in residence and to act as the single initial point of contact responsible for all out of hours incidents.
- To provide "Out of Hours" reception and general information service for College members and conference delegates, operating the College telephone switchboard, transferring calls to the appropriate lines and taking messages when appropriate, and dealing appropriately with any mail or messages.
- To ensure that any information concerning student welfare or student discipline is relayed to the appropriate people promptly, accurately and confidentially.
- To be prepared to act in the event of any emergency, contacting the appropriate internal and external services, and assisting in whatever way possible, in line with College procedure. This involves exercising judgement about when to contact the appropriate College manager(s).
- To respond to First Aid Incidents and give treatment where necessary and/ or arrange to have the injured party transferred to hospital.
- To monitor security of the College; to include undertaking regular internal and external security checks of College premises, regular monitoring of the digital CCTV equipment and operating security barrier allowing access to traffic quad.
- To record details of incidents by writing concise and legible reports in the Lodge Report book for the information of colleagues, the Duty Deans and appropriate College Officers. To complete First Aid Incident Reports as appropriate.
- To keep a vigilant eye for unauthorised visitors and be prepared to challenge them if necessary.
- To be able to respond to Fire alarm activations and to be proficient in being able to understand and operate the electronic fire panels. Taking appropriate action to control the situation, informing the emergency services and Junior Deans if necessary.
- To operate and monitor the computerised Asset Management systems and to be able to take appropriate action in the event of an alarm being activated.
- To provide general enforcement of the College rules under the instruction of the appropriate College Officers and Deans and to assist the Junior Deans, if required, with the termination of College events
- To issue keys and Access Cards as required with sole responsibility for maintaining the records on key / card deposits whilst on duty.
- To operate the debit card payment system when required.
- Previous experience in a College environment or similar institution
- First aid qualification (training will be provided)
- An awareness of issues relevant to the University and the Colleges in relation to security and student welfare
SIA Manned Guarding Licence (training can be provided
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application. Please continue to visit the website for other opportunities. Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'