We are currently recruiting for a full time Night Porter to complete the night team. Your role as Night Porter will involve taking responsibility for the hotel guests during the night. You will ensure that all guests receive a warm, memorable and personalised welcome, setting the scene for their stay and ensure that guest needs are anticipated and that any requests are actioned. Complete administrative tasks accurately and within given deadlines. Be responsible for the security of the hotel and its guests overnight and to set meeting and private dining rooms to agreed standard and to guests’ specification.
Duties & responsibilities of a Night Porter:
- You will be required to check in and out our guests ensuring that all requirements are met during their stay.
- Nightly Security checks
- Ensuring that the cleanliness of the hotel meets the required standards
- Support the Food and Beverage team by providing late bar service when required
- Ensure good communication with all departments throughout the building
- Ensure all regular and VIP guests are known and cared for accordingly
- Tour all areas of the building on a regular basis, record and report irregularities to relevant department heads and facilities
- Set up rooms for meetings and private dining to the required standard, meeting guest requirements as given and in liaison with the F&B team
- To handle incoming and outgoing telephone calls promptly and courteously, ensuring that enquiries and messages are dealt with efficiently at all times
Qualifications and Skills
- Has previous experience of Night shifts
- Can demonstrate flexibility regarding shifts and overtime
- Has the ability to use their own initiative, within defined parameters
- Working knowledge of computerised reception software
- Experience within a major conference centre or hotel.
- Experience with security
- Good IT skills
- The ability to listen and respond to guest needs
- To be clean, smart appearance and to represent the hotel in a professional and knowledgeable manner
Salary : £19,000/£21,000 per annum
If you are interested in this role then please apply now !!!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job