Night Porter Leicester
Night Porter Leicester
We are looking for a dedicated Night Porter to join our friendly night team at one of Leicesters most prestigious hotels. To ensure that all guests receive a warm, memorable and personalised welcome, setting the scene for their stay and ensure that guest needs are anticipated and that any requests are actioned. Complete administrative tasks accurately and within given deadlines. Be responsible for the security of the hotel and its guests over night and to set meeting and private dining rooms to agreed standard and to guests’ specification.
As a Night Porter you will be in charge of the hotel in the absence of management, it is essential that you are a confident and committed individual that is comfortable following directions but also working alone. You must be able to adapt to different situations that develop in the night ensuring all our guest’s needs are catered for at all times.
A mature and reliable attitude is essential in this role, full training will be provided.
• Ensure that the service offered by all team members is personal and memorable.
- That guest needs are anticipated and requests followed up. Build relationships with guests, ensuring that they want to return to Goodwood.
- Ensure good communication with all departments throughout the hotel.
- Ensure all regular and VIP guests are known and cared for accordingly.
- Handle, follow up and communicate any comments or complaints. Pass on to relevant HODs or Managers if unable to handle.
- Be familiar with and promote hotel facilities and attractions within the estate. Assist guests with any requests eg information, making bookings, directions.
- Ensure that all tasks are completed on each shift that a full and thorough handover takes place at the end of the shift.
- Be fully conversant with handling of reservation enquiries. Be aware of all current offers.
- Ensure you have a well founded understanding of all Hotel regulations.
- Have a thorough knowledge of Protel and any relevant systems.
- Build and effectively utilise guest history profiles.
- Tour all areas of the hotel on a regular basis and report irregularities to relevant department heads, and engineering.
- Ensure all access to the hotel is secure as required by hotel policy and procedure. Perform any related security duties as required overnight.
- Complete all incident reports and distribute to relevant departments.
- Record any unusual occurrences or problems arising to the Duty Manager and take appropriate action.
- Communicate, work with and build a good working relationship with Front Office Day team to ensure a consistent level of service is offered throughout the hotel 24 hours a day.
- Set up rooms for meetings and private dining to the hotel standard, meeting guest requirements as outlined in the BEOs in liaison with the Meetings and Private Dining Operations team.
- As a team, ensure that guest areas and offices are clean and tidy at all times.
- Check in late arrivals and check out early departures in line with hotel procedures.
- Ensure that wake up calls are made promptly. • Order and deliver newspapers.
- Be fully conversant with and adhere to hotel standards of operation and department procedures.
- Be fully aware and adhere to all accounting policies and procedures. • Ensure accuracy of guest bills.
- Pass onto the sales department any possible leads, which could develop into future business.
- Be competent in guest show rounds of the hotel facilities, conference and private dinning rooms.
- Report any faulty equipment to the relevant persons. • Be familiar with current licensing regulations.
- Perform all pre & post night audit duties.
- Our People
- Report for duty punctually in the correct uniform, paying attention to personal hygiene and tidiness.
- Help to maintain a good working environment within the department and good working relationships with all other departments in the Hotel.
- Give assistance to other departments as and when necessary.
- Carry out any other reasonable requests made by the Manager or other managers.
- Accept reasonable changes or additions in work hours, which are necessary for the maintenance of uninterrupted service to hotel guest and patrons.
- Attend meetings and training sessions as and when required. Health and Safety
- Report all potential and real hazards immediately.
- Be fully conversant with all departmental Fire, Emergency and Bomb procedures.
- Attend all fire, health and safety training
- Ensure the safety of the persons and the property of all within the premises by fairly applying Hotel Regulations, by strict adherence to existing laws, statues and applicable ordinances, and reporting any possible hazards and conditions to the Rooms division Manager.
- Have a general awareness of Health and Safety in relation to all tasks and activities undertaken in the department.
Mixed day/night shifts could be discussed.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job