About The Role
St Margarets - HC One Care home Company
St Margarets Garth, Crossgate, County Durham, DH1 4DS
This role is based on a 38.5 hour working week on night shift
About the role
As a Night Manager at HC-One, you’ll value kindness above all. Because it drives every aspect of our Dementia, Nursing, Residential and Specialist care homes. Every single person who works here understands that our residents are people just like them with their own stories to tell. And, by joining us, you’ll have a wonderful opportunity to give something back to those people. Taking responsibility for the well-being of our residents, including making sure their physical, emotional and social needs are met. Leading, motivating and mentoring to your team and delivering clinical guidance and training to ensure the safe, smooth and efficient running of the care home. Carrying out assessments and developing, implementing and evaluating individualised care plans for each of our residents. Monitoring work areas and practices to ensure they are safe and conform to relevant standards, policies and legislation. Generally promoting our residents’ independence, choice, dignity and respect by delivering the very best standards of care and striving for continuous improvement.
Duties include (but not limited to):
- Completion of night and morning walk around, ensuring all units are staffed
- Handling the on call phone
- Continuous monitoring of Supplementary Charts
- Night Staff Supervisions and Appraisal, training and assigning any training to staff as required
- General administrative duties
- Medication Competencies for all non-qualified night staff who are responsible for undertaking medication management
- Assist with changeover of medication where needed
- Ensuring all units are stocked of paperwork
- Investigations where required
- Ensuring accident and incident reports are documented and processed accordingly
- Sending CQC notifications where needed
- Sending DOL’s applications where required
- Audits where required - including care plan audits
- Rota oversight across all Units
- Free DBS
- Free Uniform
- Pension Scheme
- Indemnity Insurance
- NMC Re-Validation Support
We are looking for a passionate and caring individual with a proven ability to lead, motivate and mentor a team. You will be responsible for medical costs, annual leave management, and sickness management. Good time management skills, ability to prioritise and organise is essential. Our main aim is to help our residents maintain their dignity and independence in our homely surrounding.
What you will need
It’s all about your brilliant, positive energy and natural ability to get along with people. This is a role for someone who’s ready to take real accountability. And, whenever you communicate with a resident or co-worker, you’ll be truly considerate and kind. Please also note, we require the following:
A Valid NMC Pin number
Knowledge of National Standards and NMC code of practice.
Registered Nurse (RGN/RMN) with at least 2 years post registration experience including managing teams of nurses.
Background in person centred care planning within a care home.
A willingness to coach, guide and support your team on a daily basis, including providing formal and informal programmes of teaching to colleagues and other care professionals.
A genuine commitment to adhering to the NMC Codes of Conduct and expanding your professional development.
A respectful, courteous and compassionate nature and belief in giving your personal best at all times.
About The Company
More about the home
St Margarets is a purpose-built nursing home in Crossgate, County Durham. The home offers residential, nursing, dementia, palliative and elderly care.
For more information about St Margarets please see below:
If you would like to apply for this role please e-mail with a copy of your CV.