About the Night Shift Manager Role:
Joining us as a Night Shift Manager, you will report directly to the Depot Manager ensuring that all staff work as effectively and efficiently as possible to provide the maximum profitability and levels of service within the depot. Your key responsibilities will be to provide effective leadership in the daily planning and performance of the depot.
In this interesting and challenging role you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining the depot at all times ensuring that all legal, health and safety and Company policy requirements are strictly adhered to.
- Organising and controlling the depot's resources to ensure maximum efficiency of the depot through effective management of people, assets, costs and productivity.
- Managing and developing all members of the team.
- Ensuring that all operational standards and procedures within the depot are carried out effectively.
You will demonstrate good people management skills as well as a track record of success in a leadership position within a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrable background of success in meeting and exceeding targets and delivering an outstanding client experience
- Practical knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety regulations
- Computer literate and comfortable in the use of technology and IT systems, including knowledge of MS Office
- People management and leadership experience including previous success with managing teams
- Comfortable, willing and able to lead by example and also adopt a practical hands-on approach when required
- Good communication skills
- Decisive and able to work unsupervised
- Able to work at pace whilst maintaining an accurate, high quality output
- Highly organised with a well-developed approach to prioritisation
- Previous experience within the Parcel Freight industry
Tuffnells Parcels Express is a leading provider of next-day B2B delivery of mixed parcel freight consignments, specialising in items of irregular dimension and weight – from ladders and tyres to building supplies.
With 37 depots and over 900 vehicles, it’s one of the UK’s leading business to business distribution specialists. Its national network is trusted by over 4,700 customers delivering over 13 million consignments every year, making deliveries that are essential to its customers supply chains.
Tuffnells offers a wide range of service solutions to its customers which includes, ‘MyTuffnells’ – an easy to use, ‘track anywhere’ system for tracing consignments, as well as an online trace system for residential deliveries. We also offer a reliable road-based service for European deliveries and Air Express to the rest of the world.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job