We’re Hermes - the parcel people, dedicated to putting our customers first.
We’re a team of 3,000 working tirelessly all hours of the day (and night) to bring our customers and clients the best parcel experience in the market. We’re supported by a team of 16,000 couriers to ensure all our customers receive their parcels when they expect them. We do this because we care, because we’re customer obsessed - and that's what makes us different from the rest!
We work with over 80% of the UKs leading high street retailers and everyday our client customer our own employee base is growing. We have 29 locations across the UK and our latest site in Rugby (which is currently the largest distribution hub in the UK) is the handles over 1.2 million parcels a day. Last year across our network we handled over 300 million parcels - so we’re a big deal.
Our parents are the Otto Group who’ve done pretty well for themselves hitting over £9billion a year! This means we’re backed by one of the largest e-commerce companies in the world. The only thing missing now is you…
How it feels to work for us
Here at Hermes, we empower each individual with both the responsibility to make critical decisions and to explore new ideas to achieve the best performance. The biggest thing we are proud of is that our people care. We want you to make a positive difference to our customer’s experience, because in every job at Hermes, you will and you can add value.
The Night Loader role involves loading and unloading of vehicles and the sortation and scanning of parcels into cages. This role requires the manual handling of heavy and large items and sacks, so good organisational skills are required.
This position is a part-time role working 16hrs Per Week potential overtime is available.
- Pick and pack orders, with repetitive handling/lifting of sometimes heavy and large items
- Work efficiently and effectively as part of a team
- Ensure scanning compliance of all stock, with accurate use of the hand held terminal
- Accurate completion of any relevant paperwork
- Keep work area clean and tidy
- Maintain high levels of Health and Safety
- Achieve the targets and job standards set out
- Maintain regular contact and ensure any issues are communicated
- Be adaptable and flexible in approach to work to meet operational requirements
- Operate machinery (only when trained to do so)
- Previous warehouse experience is desirable but not essential
- A FLT licence is desirable but not necessary
- Good attention to detail
- Good standard of numeracy
- Ability to deliver good customer service
- Organised and able to work on own initiative
- Good communication skills and working as part of a team
- Flexible work ethic
- Demonstrate attention to detail
We pay a competitive salary of £9.05 per hour + overtime & additional shifts. You will also receive 24 Days Annual Leave (Not including Bank Holidays) Pro Rata as well as 5% pension matched by Hermes.
We also offer a range of other benefits for our Employees to opt-in to including:
- Opportunity to develop or join our Warehouse 2 wheels programme
- Life Assurance
- Critical Illness Cover
- Health Cash Plan
- Partner Life Cover
- And many others
Hermes is growing year on year and we can only continue to grow and be successful, by ensuring that we have the right people in the right locations at the right time. Because of this, we are actively recruiting in your area, so if you are hard-working and
dedicated we want to hear from you.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'