Our client is currently seeking a Night Security Officer to join the team at a brand new, luxury residential development in the West End. Hours of work will be 19:00-07:00, working a 4 on, 4 off shift pattern.
Aim of Post:
To liaise with the Management and the estate team on all security and safety related matters, and ensure that the overall safety of people and property on the estate, including controlling unauthorised access, theft or vandalism, are maintained. Handling access control and visitor management and, should the need arise, assist the concierge team with front desk duties.
- Develop and maintain constructive working relationships with team members, onsite staff, residents and guests, working collaboratively to achieve overall business outcomes.
- Take personal responsibility for understanding and following the company's Health & Safety policies and practices, demonstrating personal engagement with safety and proactively identifying risks and hazards (to immediate manager) to continuously improve safety performance.
Role Specific Accountabilities
- To perform your duties and provide an overall security service, in the prescribed manner, as instructed by the Management.
- To regularly inspect during the shift all internal and external areas of the estate (residential and commercial), and report any concerns to the Management.
- To investigate without delay any areas of concern raised by the Management.
- To conduct the required health and safety inspections and activities to assist in keeping the development and workplace a safe environment for all.
- To enter all relevant comments/ details in the security log, and liaise with the estate concierge team ensuring proper signing in & out of all contractors and service personnel in attendance to the communal areas of the estate.
- Supervising any keys which may be held in the security office ensuring that they are correctly logged in & out in accordance with the agreed procedures.
- To positively participate in cross training initiatives as requested by the management with the aim of further developing skills and experience and being able assist other departments when required (ie.: covering a colleague while away or on break).
Required Experience and Technical Competency
- SIA licenced.
- Experience of working in a high end customer service establishment.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information and sensitive matters that may involve the general public and handling issues and queries with professionalism.
- Practical application and working knowledge of Health & Safety requirements and legislation to eliminate or mitigate risk in the workplace.
Previous security experience working in high end hotels, clubs and bars is essential. The successful candidate must be able to provide excellent references and be willing to undergo full vetting checks.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job