Our client is currently seeking a Night Concierge/Porter to join the team at a luxury residential apartment building in Kensington. Hours of work are 20:00-08:00, working one week on Mon, Tue, Wed, Sat & Sun and one week on Thu & Fri.
1. To work under the direct supervision of the Head Porter/Building Manager for the smooth running and security of the block.
2. To be available at all times when on duty, apart from meal breaks.
3. To comply with all standing orders or regulations published from time to time by the Board or Managing Agents.
4. To comply with any reasonable requests of the Building Manager, Head Porter or the Managing Agents.
5. Immediately report any defects, breakages/damage or unusual events to the Building Manager.
6. All matters concerning the Residents affairs, or which the Porter becomes aware during his/her employment must be regarded as of the highest confidentiality. Accordingly, Porters must not, whether during, or after employment, take away, conceal, destroy, make us of, retain, or disclose to any person save only in property performance of his/her duties, any information concerning these matters.
Liaison with Residents
7. Always be polite, pleasant and courteous to Leaseholders, tenants, guests, or visitors, and report any controversial incidents to the Head Porter/Building Manager. Rudeness to, or off-hand treatment of residents will not be tolerated however badly residents may behave. All complaints in this regard must be referred to the Building Manager.
8. Assist Residents with carrying shopping, packages or luggage, provided that this can be done without causing strain or injury.
9. Assist Residents, as necessary, with the opening of the Front doors and carrying of luggage.
10. When standing by the lifts, to assist Residents, as necessary, with calling the lifts.
11. When requested, to hail taxis. Assist residents and visitors with taxi doors and luggage when departing or arriving.
12. Assist with any reasonable request of residents provided that this does not detract from the normal daily duties. When unable to so assist, to report request to the Head Porter.
Previous experience working in luxury residential apartments of 4/5* hotels would be desirable.
The successful candidates must be able to provide excellent references and be willing to undergo full vetting checks.