Work Relief Charity Recruitment is delighted to be working with Woking’s most prolific homeless charity and looking to recruit a Night Support Worker for their homeless shelter..
Working as part of a small, friendly and busy support work team, the role revolves around providing client facing support duties within the homeless hostel facilities. This is a varied role that comprises of waking night and sleeping night duties.
Shifts are 5:30pm to 8:30am with the expected sleeping time 11pm -7am - expected 2 shifts pper week.
Additional day and night shifts are available.
Night Support Worker - Homeless Project
£109.08 per shift (which works out to around £17,000 full time equivalent)
Part Time, Permanent
Duties will include:
- Provide a supportive and secure environment for residents
- Provide general support to residents whilst on duty
- Ensure the safety and security of the premises
- Ensure that residents adhere to the rules and respect the rights of other residents and premises
- Ensure that residents adhere to the conditions of their tenancies
This is a fantastic role for an experienced Project Worker / Support Worker / Care Worker / Duty Officer / Waking Night or Sleeping Night Support Worker or similar who has experience in providing compassionate support to vulnerable client groups.
We are ideally looking for candidates with an understanding of vulnerable groups and in particular the needs of homeless people.
Suitable candidate must have:
- Demonstrable commitment to supporting vulnerable people
- A can-do attitude and willingness to undertake a varied workload
- A resilient nature and the ability to handle challenging behaviour
- Ability to work well in a small team
- Ability to show empathy with clients while maintaining professional boundaries
- An understanding of the needs and challenges of homeless people, including those who have support needs including drug, alcohol and mental health needs
To apply, please email a copy of your up to date CV.
All suitable candidates will be asked to complete an application form.
The deadline for the return of applications is 09:00am - Friday 19th January 2018.
Due to the high number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you have not heard from one of our representatives within 1 week of applying, then your application has been unsuccessful.
- Social Care
- Support Workers
- project worker