A rare opportunity has become available where you will have the chance to work within a top sought after dealership group situated in Dartford. My client is seeking a Night Chargehand to join their team and lead a group of HGV Technicians. This is a good opportunity for a flexible individual who is able to work a night shift and also looking for a career change within an expanding dealership.
As a Night Chargehand you will be responsible for…
- Attending to the routine repairs and services of HGV including brakes, gearboxes, and clutch repairs
- Ensuring work is always completed to the highest standard and always seeking to achieve consistent high customer satisfaction as well as repeat business
- Supervising a team of HGV Technicians and ensuring quality standards are maintained through the team
- Managing any necessary liaison with department manager regarding customer dissatisfaction
- Monitoring individuals working efficiencies to ensure targets are being met
- Ensuring all work is completed in the set manufacturer time scales and promote first time fix
- Distributing the work amongst the team utilising the available skills mix within the workshop
- Complying to Health and Safety policies and standards within the company
What are we looking for in you?
- A flexible individual able to work a night shift
- You will be required to work 7:00pm - 6:30am or 9:00pm - 6:30am
- HGV equivalent qualification
- Previous experience leading and managing a team
- HGV Experience is crucial to be considered for this role
- Excellent team spirit and the drive to lead a team of HGV Technicians
- The ability to hit the ground running in a busy workshop
- Good communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work to your own initiative
- Able to work confidently without supervision
- HGV Licence would be preferred
What will you receive if successful in this role?
On offer is a £37,000 - £39,000 basic
Overtime; Time and third during the week and time and half during the weekends)
Company pension schemeHCP International is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- workshop manager
- shift supervisor
- hgv technician
- workshop controller
- senior hgv technician
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job