Salary: £8,767.32- 19,871.28
Location: The Shires, Stretton.
About the School
The Shires consists of four sites all within a 15 minute drive of one another. It is a Special Educational Needs (SEN) School and Residential home within the Acorn Care and Education and NFA Group - the UK’s Largest, Independent Children’s Services group. We cater for young people aged 11-19 and adults 18+ who have been diagnosed with Autism and may have accompanying learning disabilities.
The main aim of The Shires is to provide young people and adults enough guidance and support to unlock each person’s potential. We want all the service uses to be as independent as possible and to be happy, comfortable and safe. This is achievable due to the dedication and support from a range of employed professionals who are passionate, reliable and understanding.
About the role
Do you want a rewarding Career? To make a positive difference to young people and their lives? Are you patient, empathetic, resilient and supportive? Yes? - We want you!
The Shires currently has an exciting and challenging career opportunity for two Waking Nights Care Workers, to join the supportive and friendly team.
We want each young person at The Shires to achieve their own ambitions and to live fulfilling and productive lives. Therefore, you will be required to work from 20:45- 08:45 on a four day on, four day off, rota. During these hours you will be required to assist with any problems or personal care needs the young people have. This will include being responsible for safeguarding the young people and ensuring they are all safe, comfortable and healthy.
Other duties include liaising with other staff, working to agreed care plans and keeping the homes clean.
Who are we looking for?
The Shires need responsible, friendly and caring individuals who has a passion for caring for and ultimately, making a difference to young lives. It will be a challenging yet rewarding role with the opportunity to see the young people progress and develop over time. Don’t worry about being qualified, we will provide you with opportunities to develop your career. All you need is the desire to work with SEN children and at least six months previous experience in a similar setting.
We also need someone who can work well within a team, has great communication skills, can manage their workload and be prepared for the varying difficulties the role may present.
- Safeguard all young people in the estate and support them with their individual needs
- Attend to all the needs of the young people throughout the night
- Support and develop the mental and physical health and wellbeing of individuals within the service
- Help improve the standard of living and confidence of every child and young adult.
- Integrate into the supportive team
- To record a log, details of incidents etc., as required by procedure
- Liaise with other staff with the best interests of the young people in mind
- Ensure that no unauthorized persons enter the building during the period of duty
- Be prepared in the case of a fire and act appropriately
- You must have either an NVQ 3 or at least 6 months experience in a similar environment or both
- You must be available to work the shifts required
- You must have the desire to work within this sector and complete the required training.
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a supportive and dedicated team
- Continuous professional development and training including a funded NVQ 3
- Internal Promotion
- Staff meals
- Potential overtime
- Free meals, Parking and Uniform
- 6.6 weeks holiday entitlement
If you have any questions about the role and want to have an informal conversation please contact Elaine Wilcock on .
Acorn Care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'