We provide a range of environments for those who need extra support to live independently, from young people and those with disabilities, to the elderly in extra care schemes. Our strength lies in the quality of our people and we employ those who share our aims.
Night Care and Support Assistant - Part Time
Sidegate Lane Nursing Home, Ipswich
£7.70 to £8.10 per hour (dependent on qualifications)
30 hours per week
Why work for us?
We support vulnerable people to live as independently as possible, by building their confidence and skills to realise their potential.
We are a national organisation but we think locally. We support people through supported housing, move-on accommodation, CQC registered services and floating support. We specialise in services for young people, homeless families and individuals, people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities and people with mental health needs.
We are seeking a Care & Support Assistant to make a real difference to the lives of our residents. Sidegate Lane Nursing Home supports 24 people with mental health needs and/or dementia in a homely environment with personalised care and support. If you want to make a real difference in people’s lives, this is a rewarding opportunity to come and work within an established and experienced team.
To find out more about Sidegate Lane Nursing Home please click here
The role of Care & Support Assistant will include:
- Providing a high quality person centred care and support service
- Delivering expert support to clients including the sensitive delivery of personal care
- Driving and promoting resident integration and inclusion into the community
- Empowering residents to lead fulfilling lives
- Promoting safe practices and undertaking risk assessments
Skills and experiences:
- Person-centered approach ideally with experience of working in a similar care related role
- Enthusiastic and flexible with a strong “can-do” attitude
- Strong organisational skills as well as functional literacy and numeracy
- Ability to react quickly to changing priorities whilst working to deadlines and targets
- NVQ 2 in Health & Social Care, or willing to work towards
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to a maximum of 30 days after 5 years service (plus public holidays) pro rata
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save including; buying a new bike to cycle to work or a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- The full time equivalent for this role is 37.5 hours
To view the Job Profile please click here
Closing Date: 23 April 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Supported Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association and Sanctuary Home Care Limited, both exempt charities.