We provide a range of environments for those who need extra support to live independently, from young people and those with disabilities, to the elderly in extra care schemes. Our strength lies in the quality of our people and we employ those who share our aims.
Night Care and Support Assistant – Mental Health and Physical Disabilities
Seaside Care Services, Eastbourne
£8.26 to £8.69 per hour (dependent on qualifications)
35 hours per week – Shifts on rota, includes working every other weekend
Why work for us?
We support vulnerable people to live as independently as possible, by building their confidence and skills to realise their potential.
We are a national organisation but we think locally. We support people through supported housing, move-on accommodation, CQC registered services and floating support. We specialise in services for young people, homeless families and individuals, people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities and people with mental health needs
We are seeking a Night Care and Support Assistant to make a real difference to the lives of our residents. Seaside Care Services supports 13 people with mental health problems, and 5 with physical disabilities who live in purpose built one bedroom flats. If you want to make a positive impact to people’s lives, this is a rewarding opportunity to come and work within a friendly, established team.
The role of Care and Support Assistant will include:
- Providing personal care to individuals with disabilities and interacting with clients who have mental health issues
- Performing night checks on residents
- Administering medication
- Writing night reports
- Manual handling, including transferring clients from bed to chair
- Toileting individuals in wheelchairs
- This post is lone working
Skills and experience:
- Previous experience delivering personal care is essential
- Confident dealing with challenging behavior
- Ability to lone work and deal with issues that may arise
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using MS Office systems, including Word and Outlook
- NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care, or willing to work towards
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme, with matching contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service (plus public holidays) pro rata
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save including; buying a new bike to cycle to work or a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
Please click here to view the full job profile
Closing Date: 19 April 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Supported Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association and Sanctuary Home Care Limited, both exempt charities.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job