Macdonald Night Auditors play a vital role in delivering a great guest experience to all our guests. They have a keen eye for detail, an organised approach and a willingness to exceed our guest expectation. Often operating on the front line, they are the real ambassadors of our company, and are committed to consistently delivering high standards.
Our Night Auditors are hardworking individuals who can work on their own initiative and are key players in our Reception teams.
This role is ideal for those in a supervisory roles within a similar 4 or 5 star hotel environment. To manage the smooth running of the night audit procedures and reception back office, to ensure delivery of the highest standards of product and service, a passionate approach to exceeding our customers expectations and as a champion of our vision and values, promote a professional and positive image to all of our guests and contribute to the hotel’s targets. While this, providing our guests with a great stay every time.
This position will be shifts that cover throughout the Night and include shifts working Saturday and/ or Sunday. Additional hours may be required to support the hotel during our busier periods including Christmas and bank holidays.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Night Auditor is responsible for overall Health and Safety, well-being and the customer experience during the Night. As well as balancing the revenue and expense transactions, which occurred during the days business. Responsible for the overall operations and appearance of the front desk of the hotel.
Responsible for attending the needs of our guests during the Night including room service and especially during check in and check out.
GENERIC KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- To take pride in everything I do and drive the same standards with my people
- To ensure that the team consistently deliver outstanding hospitality
- To anticipate and react to the needs of our guests and give my team the autonomy to do the same
- To be an ambassador for the Macdonald Brand
- To take ownership for my personal development and performance
- To recruit, lead and develop the overall effectiveness and performance of my team, if applicable
- To consistently deliver MacDonald core standards which are relevant to my department
- To maintain a safe and clean environment
- To take responsibility for understanding our company products and services
- To proactively look for ways to improve or enhance the guest experience
- To use feedback to improve my own personal performance, the performance of my team and my department, whilst activity encouraging feedback from others
- To give my full to support to company initiatives
- To complete and deliver training (including statutory) in line with company policy and procedures
- To follow all processes assigned to my role ensuring full compliance
- To identify any barriers or challenges which may prevent me or my team from delivering on agreed processes
- To take responsibility for keeping up to date with any changes in my department and take responsibility for communicating them to my team
- Complete risk assessments to ensure department compliancy
- To have an understanding and be able to control operational costs related to the performance of my department
- To look for ways to protect the profit of the organisation without compromising the guest experience
- To lead department objectives and ensure all sales opportunities are exploited (OWS)
- To promote the products and services to our guests at every opportunity
- Ensure my team can spot and act on every opportunity for sales
- To act upon any reasonable instructions from management as pertains to my job responsibilities
JOB SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Provide a First-Rate Guest Experience
- Providing information to the guest about the hotel policies and amenities.
- Responding to requests from guests for assistant and information about the local area.
- Selling and upselling rooms to “walk-in” customers.
- Partner with the sales department to ensure knowledge of key accounts and groups, along with tracking of company information.
- Entering /changing reservations information in OPERA system.
- Posting charges to guest accounts.
- Processing payment from the guests.
- Closing, balancing and making necessary corrections to guest accounts.
- Counting and balancing cash, credit cards and direct bill accounts.
- Investigation or analyzing out-of balance situations and making adjustments or corrections as needed.
- Completing various computer audit reports.
- Listening for or anticipating and responding to guest complaints.
- Cleaning the front desk, lobby area and areas as directed by Senior Management.
- Maintaining daily logs.
- Balancing shift work and cash drawers.
- You are a part of the property’s security team and are responsible to report any potential safety or security hazards to the Maintenance team. Know all the emergency procedures to follow and how to respond in the event of different types of emergencies.
- Brand standard audits
- Health & Safety checks
- Guest feedback
- Mystery gues
- AA inspection outcome
- Acoura audits
- EHO reports
- Financial performance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job