NHS Security Operative / Porter (DBS & SIA Required)
My client is looking to recruit a Site Security Officers / Porter to work on a Hospital site. This person is to ensure the safety of patients and staff and the protection of their property and property of the Trust.
Location: Southampton (across a couple of Hospital sites)
Temporary: Ad-hoc Shifts
- Thursday 20th December 2300-0700
- Friday 21st December 2300-0700
- Wednesday 2nd January 1500-2300
Expected to have more shifts released in 2019
Pay Rate:Weekdays £9.00 per hour paye or £10.50 per hour umbrella
Weekday Evenings 8pm - 6am/ Saturday £10.80ph paye or £12.60ph umbrella
Sundays/Bank Holidays £13.50ph paye or £15.75ph umbrella
The successful role holder will be responsible for a wide range of administrative tasks and be able to
- Patrol various Hospital sites, Car parks and other Trust property within the Hospital area detecting and reporting crime;
- Protect Trust personnel and property from violence and criminal damage, including escorting staff to car parks out of hours, providing protection in secure clinics (including searching some patients), responding to any request for security assistance and securing and unlocking the hospital at night;
- Uphold and enforce The Trusts NHS Security Policy and Managing Violence and Aggressive Policy, appropriately diffusing violent or aggressive situations with visitors or patients and others, taking into account the circumstances of the situation. Situations may involve people with mental health, drink and/or drug problems;
- Keep an up-to-date record in pocketbooks of each incident witnessed;
- Attend any court as witness to any incident, which leads to a Court case;
- Manage CCTV in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, including down loading snap shots and CCTV footage for evidence used by Avon and Somerset Police Force or others;
- To be computer literate to be able to deal with IT systems such as Trust ID card system, CCTV System and the On line incident report system
- Uphold and enforce Trust Parking policy including handling cash and issuing parking charge tickets out of hours;
- Act as Cash courier for all cash collection around trust property;
- Complete Physical and mechanical restraint
- Help with the transportation of patients from the wards
- Replace oxygen cylinders as required.
- Undertake errand duties when required.
- Collect blood for transfusion when required, return when necessary and transport specimens to Labs
- Ensure all rubbish is disposed of in accordance with hospital policy.
- Clean operating theatre floors after use, and any other equipment you are asked to.
- Maintain security within the department.
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade and in line with the requirements of the post.
- The post holder may be required to carry out other relevant duties as required
- The post holder will make themselves familiar with, and adhere to, at all times, the policies and procedures
- Health and Safety The post holder is expected to ensure a healthy and safe environment exists in the department at all times. They are expected to take reasonable care for their acts or omissions.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE SUBJECT TO A DBS CHECK PRIOR TO STARTING
- Security Policy
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'