A leading NHS clinic based in Victoria, SW London are looking to recruit a 'Pratice & Business Manager'.
You MUST have experience of managing an 'NHS' practice.
The role is paying £50K.
Benefits include a fantastic NHS pension as well as 30 days annual leave (plus bank holidays).
The role incorporates the following -
Strategic Management and Planning
- Keep abreast of current affairs and identify potential threats and opportunities
- Develop practice strategy including ideas for future practice development; for example within PCH
- Monitor and evaluate performance against objectives including the CQC Key Lines of Enquiry.
- Develop and maintain effective internal and external communication
- Analysis, reporting and management of QOF, DES, LES and additional services to maximise income
- Manage practice budgets, seek to maximise income and reduce expenditure
- Generate and ensure payment of Invoices for practice services
- Understand and report on the financial implications of contract and legislation changes
- Oversee practice accounts, year-end figures and liaise with accountant
- Monitor cash-flow forecasts and share with partners
- Oversee bank accounts and negotiate with practice bankers
- Manage accounts activity
- Process Staff Payroll and Pensions
- Oversee recruitment and retention of staff providing a general HR management service
- Ensure all staff are legally and gainfully employed
- Manage staff leave requests ensuring adequate locum and staff cover where needed
- Manage staffing levels within target budgets and effective skills mix
- Staff induction in line with legislation
- Develop, implement and manage effective staff training and monitoring systems
- Support, mentor and appraise admin and clinical staff
- Deal effectively with Disciplinary and grievance matters
- Ensure support given to Assistant Practice Manager, Practice Nurse and Clinical Team as line manager
- Manage and maintain legal requirements of clinical and administrative staff; GP Registrar, Medical Indemnity, Apprenticeship requirements
- Monitor, develop and maintain compliance with latest Information Governance guidance as Information Governance and Caldicott Lead
- Promote patient utilisation of online services to create more available resource
- Consider and implement new technology which improves efficiencies
- Oversee Systmone reporting, CQRS and NHSE data
- Manage staff NHSMail accounts as LOA
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading clinic with excellent career prospects and superb staff benefits.
PLEASE APPLY NOW!