NHS Assistant Divisional Accountant (Band 5)
Band 5 Assistant Divisional Accountant
Temporary: Expected to last until March 2021
Location: Aylesbury - predominantly working from home
Pay Rate: £11.35 to £14 per hour paye plus holiday or £13.22 to £16 per hour umbrella
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Creation and input of journals e.g. Prepayments, accruals and adjustments which must comply with accounting standards.
- Generate monthly reports via dedicated accounting software package. Advanced systems knowledge is required to enable the production of concise and meaningful reports.
- Investigate significant variances and generate a monthly variance analysis in written form for use in business meetings with Senior Managers and Clinical staff. Reports are to be reviewed and edited by the Divisional Accountant.
- Be able to communicate effectively both in person and via written means
- Meet with budget holder to discuss budgeted establishment and non-pay requirements.
- Create spreadsheets to calculate the total costs for the Trust.
- Liaise with budget holders to identify possible savings towards efficiency targets.
- Provide Budget proposals along with detailed working papers to be overviewed by the Divisional Accountant.
- Must be able to use own initiative to plan time in an efficient manner to provide maximum contribution.
- Ability to input large amounts of data accurately and quickly whilst maintaining a high level of concentration.
- To assist with the process of continual improvement of policies and procedures within the department.
- Assist internal and external bodies with audit requirements.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'