This is a role within Newton Investment Management Limited reporting to the Team Leader in the Client Reporting Team. There is a need for an additional experienced person to initially help move the team through a period of major change, as reporting for all client types is migrated to a new reporting platform during 2018/19, and to play a prominent role in delivering excellent service to our clients going forward.
- Ensuring all investment, valuation and accounting reports are delivered in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Investigation and resolution of reconciliation errors within the client reports.
- Monitoring of production workflow & distribution.
- Dealing with queries from Portfolio managers, and client service, market facing and IT teams.
- Ongoing maintenance of system standing data to ensure accuracy for reporting purposes.
- Manual collation of reports using various performance and accounting reports.
- User Acceptance Testing for system upgrades and enhancements.
- Executing basic SQL queries to extract information to complete monthly/daily checks on the client reporting/performance database.
- Assist performance team with data issues to ensure performance numbers are accurate.
- Building relationship with offshore Pune team and assisting them with system/data queries.
- Cross-training on all team tasks to provide cover and support where required.
- Attending meetings when required and covering for the team leader in their absence.
- Previous client reporting experience, preferably within an Asset management environment.
- Good communication skills with ability to engage with all levels of the business.
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by an ability to develop good working relationships with management and peer group colleagues.
- A proactive approach to resolving issues.
- Strong organisation and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of the Vermilion client reporting system preferred
- At least intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel with ability to execute simple Vlookup/pivot table queries.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements.
With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 51567
Requisition Number: 1802301