Newton Investment Management Limited is an active investment management firm, using thematic ideas about the long-term investment landscape to create and manage strategies that help secure clients’ futures. Newton thinks on a global basis, with its single London-based investment team working collaboratively across asset classes and regions. The firm builds bold solutions, designed to meet the real-world challenges clients face, and the team manage them responsibly in the broadest sense – through embedding environmental, social and governance considerations, and engaging on issues that affect their clients. Those clients are based around the world, and include pension funds, corporations and charities and, via Newton’s parent company BNY Mellon, individuals.
With offices in London and New York, Newton has £54bn (as at 31 December 2017) under management, including assets managed by Newton Investment Management Limited as dual officers of Newton Investment Management (North America) Limited and The Bank of New York Mellon. News and other information about Newton is available at and via Twitter: @NewtonIM
Newton employees are bright, inquisitive, thoughtful and collaborative. They are highly motivated to deliver performance and service to clients. Newton prides itself on being an employer of choice, with a flexible working environment and a commitment to diversity and opportunity among its employees.
Newton is a professional, friendly and collegiate place to work. The firm looks to attract individuals who are keen to work as part of a team, in a meritocratic environment, and who are driven to help make the organisation a great place to work.Job Purpose:
To lead the Business Strategy team’s efforts in the production, enhancement and analysis of management information for strategic decisions and projects.
To manage projects related to Newton’s Business Strategy initiatives.
More specifically, duties include:
As a priority, provide data, analysis and advice regarding business strategy team initiatives – specifically from the Strategy Group.
Manage Commercial and Strategy Group led projects.
Competitor analysis as required for retaining clients, pitches and product developments.
Coordination of MI pack for quarterly Commercial oversight meeting.
Oversight of data management and information requests from the business.
Maintain close liaison with Finance and other shared services.
Follow market trends, competitors and changes to rules and regulations which may have an impact on the business strategy.
Articulate and communicate ideas to colleagues, in both verbal and written form, and cultivate new methods of analysing business data.
The Business Strategy Analyst is a key role on the Business Strategy team. The team carries out the following functions:
- Strategy group – The team’s priority will be to support this group which is chaired by the CEO. The group’s objective is to shape and deliver strategic change after identifying key growth and retention opportunities. Each work stream will have an associated working group where project management and analytical support will be required.
- Strategic projects – Lead/support key projects arising from the strategy group or other senior management initiatives. Current examples include the LGPS pooling and the Life Company retention efforts.
- Competitor analysis – Market and competitor analysis in support of Newton’s direct sales and retention efforts and for oversight of Newton’s Partnered Distribution efforts with BNY Mellon. Analysis also used as a key input for the product development process.
- Management Information - Provision of management information for Commercial team, Strategy Group, Executive Committee and NIM Board when required. Ad –hoc reports as required of Newton and wider BNYM Group.
- Planning – Provide guidance and data to set and monitor targets for annual financial planning from a new business perspective (all channels).
- Pricing & Business Acceptance - Leadership on fee negotiations, coordinates negotiations on new business acceptance (internally and externally), and assesses the suitability and appropriateness of business opportunities incorporating a longer term view where necessary.
Expert Microsoft Excel user
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 51589
Requisition Number: 1802803