Location: Old Street, London
Salary: Competitive and based on experience.
Our client is the leading international film trade magazine, is seeking a talented, motivated and experienced B2B news editor (or reporter looking to take the next step in their career) to join its editorial team. The successful candidate will coordinate and manage all news coverage, including daily breaking news and in-depth analysis pieces, from staff reporters and key international correspondents. They will also work on the publication’s market-leading daily editions at major film festivals and markets. The role is London-based but will require international travel throughout the year. Film industry knowledge is a benefit but not essential.
Main responsibilities of the News Editor role:
- Coordinating and editing all news coverage for Screendaily, both daily breaking news and in-depth analysis.
- Sourcing, chasing and writing own new stories and analysis.
- Manage news from Screen’s staff reporter and key European correspondents, fielding story pitches and editing and fact-checking all copy to a high professional standard.
- Coordinate with Screen’s senior online editor on daily email newsletters and breaking news alerts.
- Supervise news coverage for daily editions at major film festivals including Cannes and Berlin.
- Maintain strong oversight of international industry news through own contacts, email alerts, social media, industry events, external news media and other sources.
- Work closely with other senior team members to keep Screen at the forefront of international industry reporting.
- Bring rigour to Screen’s news coverage through expert scrutiny, attention to detail and curation.
Requirements of the News Editor:
- The ideal candidate will already be working as a news editor for a B2B or business-oriented publication or website.
- Ideally you will also have reporting and web experience, including working with content management systems.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Strong social and networking skills
- Sharp eye for detail
- Positive team player.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of this News Editor role then please apply now!