Newly Qualified Registered Adult Nurses - Band 5
At the Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, we pride ourselves on not only leading through clinical excellence but also by creating an environment where all staff are valued and appreciated.
Our Vision for the Trust is to deliver NHS care locally that makes our staff and our community proud. We want our patients to be assured they will receive care as rapidly as possible in a first-class environment that is safe, kind and effective.
At the Countess of Chester, we really want to support everyone to be the best version of themselves so we can ensure we are always performing to the best of our ability. We feel that it is not just important what we do in our roles but also how we do it, we feel both are equally important and we want to support an environment where everyone behaves appropriately.
Who Our Opportunity is for: Newly Qualified Registered Adult Nurses.
What do we offer at the Countess of Chester:
Ability to work flexibly, nights and weekends
A 12 month Preceptorship programme for all newly qualified staff that includes but is not limited to;
- A named Practice Development Nurse to oversee your Preceptorship programme and offer support within the clinical environment
- A named Preceptor and supporting Preceptor within your specific clinical area to provide continuous support and feedback
- A robust specific Staff Nurse induction programme that includes simulation, anatomy and physiology, sepsis training amongst sessions from various subject matter experts across the Trust
- A minimum of 6 weeks supernumerary period; 2 weeks enrolment onto induction programmes in the Education and Training Centre and 4 weeks protected supernumerary status in your clinical area.
- A Preceptee lanyard to be worn during your Preceptorship period
- The opportunity to learn a variety of clinical skills specific to your clinical area within your first 12 months
- A minimum of 5 allocated feedback reviews with your Preceptor over the 12 month period.
- A portfolio of evidence that complements Revalidation structure allowing you to utilise your work to contribute towards your revalidation requirements utilising the PARE platform.
- Nurse achiever ceremony presented by the Senior Nursing Team on completion of the programme
Internal Transfer Scheme (ITS)
The internal transfer scheme allows nursing staff to move around the organisation without any lengthily job applications or formal interviews. Once you have completed your Preceptorship Programme you will be eligible to utilise the Internal Transfer Scheme.
- The scheme allows you to gain maximum exposure to a variety of clinical specialities
- The scheme allows you to experience lateral progression within your banding by expanding your repertoire of clinical skills and knowledge
- The scheme allows you to change pace by transferring to a faster or more measured environment
- The scheme allows you to tailor your own career pathway
What this Opportunity means:
- Various vacancies in wards and departments across our two sites (Chester & Ellesmere Port). Our wards and departments include; vascular, orthopaedics, urology, colorectal, theatres including recovering, scrub, day surgery, elderly medicine, stroke rehabilitation, gastroenterology, renal dialysis, intermediate care, cardiology, respiratory, haematology, endocrine, oncology, acute medical admission, intensive care, accident and emergency. Please note that there may not be a vacancy within your preferred specialty at the time of applying
- A friendly and supportive working environment (see our Trust Behavioural Standards)
- Competitive Salary, with incremental pay progression
- Excellent holiday entitlements 27 days + bank holidays rising to 33 after 10 years’ service (pro rata)
- Competitive pension scheme
- Staff support, health and wellbeing opportunities & other employee benefit
Please specify your area of interest within the Trust. If a job is not available within that specialty following completion of the Preceptorship programme, the internal transfer scheme will allow you the opportunity to move departments without a full application process.
Please specify on your supporting statement your expected qualification date.
Ensure you have referees that cover your most recent 3 years employment history alongside an academic referee, with full contact details including a work email.
You must disclose any previous convictions, cautions, reprimands or warnings on the application unless these are protected under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
You must have a UK professional registration.
If we receive sufficient applications then this vacancy will close earlier than advertised.
For further details
You’re welcome to come in for an informal visit, meet our friendly team and ask any queries you may have before you apply.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Name Practice Development
Job title Practice Development Team
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'