Your new role:
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Newly Qualified/Part Qualified (still studying) Finance Manager with proven people management capability. This Newly Qualified/Part Qualified Finance Manager role will provide the successful candidate with the exciting challenge of setting up anew department as well as leading and coaching a motivated team whilst constantly seeking to deliver Continuous Improvement.
The duties and responsibilities will include:
- Being responsible for planning, scheduling and supervising the work of the accounts payable team.
- Supervising a group of accounts payable clerks within the established accounting policies of the corporation.
- Monitoring records of amounts owed and assuring prompt payment of invoices.
- Recommending changes in methods and procedures to improve efficiencies of the accounts payable unit.
- Coaching and mentoring accounts payable clerks, assigning work according to availability, skills and developmental needs, assessing performance and providing feedback to direct reports.
As the ideal candidate, you will:
- Have intermediate level of relevant professional work experience in the field of study required, including some supervisory experience.
- Manage a team of up to 4 people.
- Ensure call in statements and open item statements are distributed and submitted to the Corporate deadlines set.
- Ensure all Intercompany receipts through the netting process and bank transfers received are created and applied to the SLA.
- Manages the Fats track processes and ensures all timelines are met, monthly and daily.
- Ensuring all balance sheet reconciliations are completed to deadlines and ensures all journal entries are booked timely.
- Ensuring the Intercompany out of balance report has a green metrics and all reconciled and all related variances are reported to Corporate Accounting within the global deadlines.
- Ensuring SOx compliance for the Intercompany processes and drives improvements to standardise the processes within the region.
- You will also be ideally newly/part qualified ACCA or CIMA.