Newark Sales Manager
About the Newark Sales Manager Role:
As our Newark Sales Manager, reporting directly to a Regional Sales Manager, you'll support a specific, or small number of Tuffnell's depots, in ensuring they win and retain profitable local new business, in line with regional and national budgets and operational requirements. The role requires strict adherence to the companies pricing and commercial policy.
This interesting and challenging role in will see you working with the local management team in identifying compatible and profitable new business for each location. You'll also take responsibility for:
- Working with local operational teams to identify capacity at route level, ensuring all routes operate profitably
- Working as part of the broader regional team, in ensuring the region as well as local locations meet their new business targets
- Sourcing and identifying prospects
- Reporting all activity accurately and timely
With a background in a service led industry and sales management; you'll be quite an expert in the area and able to demonstrate a track record of success. It's important to us that you can demonstrate:
- A strong track record of delivering sales targets in a professional sales environment
- Experience of (and great aptitude and passion for) people management
- A focused approach to meeting and exceeding targets (both individually and through a team)
You'll be comfortable, willing and able to lead by example and also adopt a practical hands-on approach when required. Your excellent communication skills will also be vital in this role, as will your business acumen and strong commercial and financial awareness.
You will need to be willing and able to travel and have a full driving licence.
Connect Group PLC is a specialist distribution company, which offers market-leading expertise in a range of industries. With a combined revenue of £1.6bn, we employ 6,000 staff and operate in the UK and worldwide.
Connect Group offers unrivalled expertise in:
- Early Distribution - Encompassing: Smiths News, Dawson Media Direct and Pass My Parcel. Smiths News is the UK's largest newspaper and magazine wholesaling business with an approximate 55 per cent. market share; Dawson Media Direct is an international media direct business supplying newspapers, magazines and inflight entertainment technology and content; Pass My Parcel, a wholly-owned 'click and collect' delivery service, operated by the Smiths News business, has a network of over 3,000 parcel shops and clients which include Amazon and ASOS
- Mixed Freight - Tuffnells is a leading provider of next-day B2B delivery of mixed parcel freight consignments, specialising in items of irregular dimension and weight, with 37 depots, delivering over 13 million consignments per annum to over 4,500 customers