As one of the greatest successes in the building materials industry, having previously been known as Armstrong and now Zentia, our business is a true pioneer of ceiling and suspension systems with more than 150 years’ expertise in delivering acoustic ceiling solutions for building interiors. Our aim is to deliver complete ceiling solutions with unsurpassed levels of value, quality and reliability, redefining expectations and reinventing environments, to make every one of our customers’ projects a success.
As a recently carved out business, we now comprise two production plants in Team Valley, UK, one for mineral fibre tiles and one for grid, as well as sales teams in the UK, Ireland, Spain, Portugal and the Baltic States. This business is well positioned in these markets and will benefit from significant investment in the coming 3-5 years in order to expand the production capability of both manufacturing sites.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a New Product Manager to join the Zentia business. Based from the Team Valley site, the role will report into the Senior New Product Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful business at a time where you can play a key part in the successful development and launch of innovative products.
- The role will support the sourcing, development and launch of new tile and grid products and solutions, offering a seamless go-to-market approach to customers across the markets served.
- The new product manager will launch the product and manage the product post launch for 12-24 months, looking at how to extend the range and maximise potential.
- Responsible from concept through sourcing and launch of products, close interaction with suppliers will be key as many of these products will be externally sourced so the ability to work with vendors to ensure OT delivery as part of the project timeline will be key.
- Oversee the New Product Development process at every stage from concept to launch and suggest enhancements to the process as identified.
- Integrate market insight and analysis into NPD roadmap definition in order to deliver profitable growth for the business
- Build and maintain a clear understanding of products and solutions and how they compare to the competition, identifying gaps in the current portfolio and opportunity areas.
- Work closely with the broader Marketing and Sales teams to ensure strong launch plans including clear value argumentation and support tools/information to help ensure effective promotion and market penetration.
- Have a clear understanding of the value and application of the product/solution portfolio. Understand pricing points and how price/value compares to the competition.
- Support the Product Manager as required in managing existing product life cycles and the transition to new products.
- Regular reporting on the status of the NPD pipeline. Take ownership for updating the NPD tracker and ensuring all projects remain on track. Complete regular updates on the status of individual projects.
- Open to mix of home and office working with ability to travel to visit vendors when required (average of 1-2 days per month), candidates will ideally be based within commutable distance of the Gateshead site
- Previous product management experience in a B2B product environment, ideally from building materials or construction background.
- Track record in managing new product pipelines and managing gateway processes to ensure OT launch.
- Experience of working with internal sales and marketing teams to ensure relevant marketing collateral is developed and ready for product launch.
- Used to managing relationships with vendors and test houses.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'