Salary: £25,000 to £32,000pa
Project Manage New Product Introduction into the business. Facilitate Continuous Improvement activity on current and future products and product manufacture.
- Manage New Product Introduction activities; this will include leading new business opportunities through all stages of the process from enquiry to product realisation.
- Provide labour quotations for new business opportunities providing DFM and technical feedback to the prospective customer.
- Developing close working relationship with customers and suppliers. Customer interfacing on product design issues, feedback issues highlighted by customers.
- Facilitate and report effectively on DFM activities.
- Effective and detailed reporting and documenting of NPI process, shortfalls, improvement possibilities, etc.
- Review products when released to production to provide resolution of technical issues not captured during NPI phase.
- Responsible for sustaining and improving Q.C.D. through continuous improvement activities.
- Working closely with Process Engineers to optimize product assembly processes to improve manufacturing efficiency.
- Work with Process Engineers to design/development new tooling and manufacturing aids for new and existing products.
- Liaise with Operations department to address product related failures and issues.
- Liaise with Process Engineering to ensure any product changes are achievable through the processes.
- Analysis of defects to determine likely root cause and corrective action.
- To manage continuous improvement of NPI process performance.
- Analyse internal KPI and Yield metrics, driving improvement where required.
- Lead projects designed to improve our overall efficiency and customer satisfaction.
Candidates should hold a HNC or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline, ideally degree qualified and have at least 2 years in a similar role within a fast paced, customer focus manufacturing environment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job