An innovative payments systems company has a great opportunity for a Product Manager with proven B2B product development and/or management experience and a good understanding of the UK Payments market place.
You must also possess a blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time with the customer to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions that will create new revenue opportunities.
Communication skills are critically important, both internally and externally. You will work with the Delivery team to define product requirements. You will work with marketing to define the go-to-market strategy, and other key business partners such as Finance to ensure all targets are met.
Required Skills & Experience
• B2B product development and/or management experience.
• A good grounding in the UK Payments business generally. Ideally with specific experience of Bureau, Bacs, SWIFT, SEPA or transaction banking.
• Strong analytical skills and financial literacy.
• A proven track record in delivering new revenue streams through product planning, delivery and on-going management in a Financial Services organisation.
• Ability to plan and organise effectively and deliver to deadlines.
• An attention to detail, a 'right first time’ approach.
• Experience of engaging with external customers (in a sales or relationship management role)
• Experience of engaging with internal customers (e.g. IT, Operations finance and marketing)
• Able to communicate at all levels within the business, clearly and concisely
• The ability to build cross-functional relationships and to work, under pressure, with different teams.
• An entrepreneurial spirit coupled with good negotiating skills.
• Ability to build and inspire virtual teams to achieve challenging objectives.
• Expertise in agile product development methodologies would be an advantage.
• Project Management Skills
Product Development & Launch / Product Strategy & Market Place / Go to Market Strategy / Product Requirements / Customer Requirements / Market Research / Legal & Regulatory / Bureau / Bacs / SWIFT / SEPA / Transaction Banking / Financial Management / Product Revenue Growth / Cost Reduction / Risk Reduction / Cost, Revenue & Sales Forecasts