New Product Development manager, Leeming
A new position has arisen for an experienced NPD Manager to join a successful established FMCG Manufacturer. You will be responsible for seeing their products through from conception to launch.
Work with the commercial team on;
- Using market review data for sub category gap analysis in order to identify scope for NPD with multiple retailers.
- Providing accurate costings for commercial submissions.
- Attending / prepare sample submissions up to Brand Panel 5
Work with the procurement team
- Sourcing new packaging formats
- Ensure supplier/ ingredient approval in line with BRC
Work with the technical and food safety team:
- On artwork approval process cross-checked with specifications.
- Approving final pack copy in line with legislation.
- Generating factory specification details and method sheets for smooth handover into 1st production.
- Uploading customer portal specifications including detailed quality control, HACCP, sub-ingredient specification, physical/micro and chemical standard information
Work with the production team on;
- Implementation of new products including packing methods, costs, equipment investment.
- Day to day management of sample requests
- Detailing of new recipes for submissions
- Identifying existing product improvement potential
- Market review/ benchmark analysis
- Innovation in line with customer briefs and blue sky
Experience in FMCG and ideally with UK retail customers.
This position could suit someone who has experience of working in a larger team and who wants to have the opportunity to have a more varied position and take on more ownership
Salary £30 -35,000 depending on experience
- Product Development