New Product Development Chef
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm. Some flexibility required and may include weekend working
Rowan Foods is a Wrexham-based privately-owned business supplying ready meals to several of the UK’s major supermarkets. Due to a significant increase in demand, we are now looking to recruit a New Product Development Chef to work with our existing customer base to develop our product base in line with customer requirements.
Main Purpose of the New Product Development Chef:
To work as part of a team developing new and existing products to improve the range of products available to our customers.
Main Responsibilities of the New Product Development Chef:
- Creating product samples which excite our customers, meet the brief, and are within factory capabilities and margin constraints
- Seek out new ideas and keep up-to-date with food trends by reading and visiting restaurants, etc.
- Work with marketing teams and photographers to ensure good photographic representation of products
- Complete recipe documentation once a product has been approved for manufacture
- Work with manufacturing teams during trials to ensure products meet specifications
- Ensure product costing requirements are met and that the costing system is kept up-to-date as required
- Carry out value engineering of new and current recipes (new raw materials, new suppliers, amended recipes, amended processes.
Requirements of the New Product Development Chef:
- At least 2 years’ experience within a professional kitchen in the Hotel/ Catering industry or a New Product Development department in a meal manufacturing Company
- Appropriate tasting capability to ensure food standards are maintained
- Driving License
- Accurate and attentive to detail
- Presentable in appearance
- Good presentation skills.
To apply for the above position please send an up-to-date CV or completed Application Form, to the Human Resources Department.
Closing date for receipt of applications Thursday 16th June 2016
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of this New Product Development Chef role then please apply now!