A unique opportunity had arisen for a creative and innovative Business/New Product Development Chef to work for a forward-thinking family rum business who have grown from strength to strength, a true leader of their industry!
This role is an amazing chance to create fresh new product ranges to be on sale within the food service sector nationally, as well as the opportunity to show your passion and sell the product directly to the client.
The ideal candidate will have a proven, inspiring chef career, you will be a passionate foodie who enjoys cooking on the creative edge, bursting with ideas and full of enthusiasm and culinary experience.
- Establish a position as the "culinary expert" with in the business and with external customers
- Maintain a strong pipeline of market leading quality NPD and EPD for given customers
- As part of the foodservice team aid in the delivery of a calendar of trends based on deliverable propositions to engage the foodservice market
- Present clearly and persuasively in customer presentations / food shows establishing both personal and business culinary credentials
- Maintains strong relationships with customer counterparts ensuring authentic is a known as the market leaders for quality and innovation
- Works closely with the senior Foodservice chef to maintain a structured calendar of customer engagement
- Maintain in depth knowledge of the foodservice market, customer profiles, brands, quality aspirations and strategic plans
- Maintain a personal understanding of the market forces, understanding competitor capabilities to help deliver a pipeline of strategic innovation for both the company and their clients
- Work closely with the NPD technologist team to ensure innovation is developed in a structured and deliverable way
- Works cross functionally to ensure all products are developed utilising suitable materials, with in cost nutritional and technical targets, with a known process in mind
- Ensure adherence to the companies Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and ensure awareness by self, staff, colleagues and visitors always
The Ideal Candidate:
- Chef experience is essential
- Experience in a Manufacturing food services environment is ideal
- Convincing, clear and persuasive presentation skills
- Knowledge of Health and Safety policies
- HND or Degree in food product management, food technology, or a related subject ideal
- City and Guilds 706 (Parts 1 & 2), or NVQ equivalent qualification, alongside a certificate in food hygiene ideal
- Any qualifications gained from your background as a chef
This role is based in the Manchester area - Our client is offering £25-35k plus bonus and benefits
Please contact Louisa Ellis for further information.
- Product Development
- Food Technology