A Key Strategic Procurement role responsible for sourcing from design to delivery. This role works closely with Engineering, Projects and Procurement to ensure that we commercially and strategically source to enhance our product and Supply Chain. This fundamental role is the main commercial link between Engineering, Projects and Procurement.
Job Specific accountabilities and responsibilities:
- To be an integral part of project work groups from the initial stages of development, to guide and support Project/Engineering decisions commercially. Identify purchasing requirements and highlight supply risks.
- To initiate and manage supplier analysis, visits, auditing, tendering contracts are undertaken and ensure supply decisions are made accordingly.
- To be responsible for the local and global sourcing of all new strategic suppliers and materials in conjunction with our Design Engineering team. This will encompass design technical concepts, prototyping through to final production.
- For any new suppliers selected, ensure that the appropriate level of contract/supply agreement is in place covering all aspects of supply.
- Work closely in conjunction with the Repeat Buyer on future supplier selection based upon current supplier performance and risk. Once gaps/ risk identified review with Materials Manager and Repeat Buyer to create sourcing plan.
- When needed/requested by Project Manager and in conjunction with Engineering record and monitor purchased material costing of a project.
- Work in conjunction with the Repeat Buyer to ensure that any new Purchase of materials procured from established suppliers are incorporated into the relevant existing contract.
- At the beginning of sourcing process, without detrimentally affecting quality/delivery performance implement and support a material cost reduction plan to reduce the overall total cost of acquisition. This will be achieved by, negotiations with suppliers, tendering, extending payment terms, reviewing supplier lead-times, order multiples, implementing contracts/price agreements, supplier stock holding.
- To ensure that Material Requirement Plan is kept up to date and Purchasing Supervisor/ material schedulers are advised of any significant changes.
- On a regular basis meet with the Projects teams to update on the commercial progress of suppliers, subcontractors and materials. Working together internally to overcome any potential related supply issues.
- For each project, review the ordering status to ensure that materials have been ordered on time to meet the production requirement date. For any potential late deliveries, work with the Material Schedulers to expedite the materials.
- When required by the Materials Manager and Purchasing Supervisor to review/approve Purchase Orders raised by the Material Schedulers above their authorised approval limit set.
- To support and cover Repeat Buyer when required.
- Attend all required Project review meetings for new vehicle sales, projects and NPI. Obtain formal clear engineering/ project requirements then input into likely material impact on the project plan. Communicate the requirements to the Purchasing team so, that the ordering process can begin.
General accountabilities and responsibilities:
- To use personal judgement and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles in day to day activities and procedures within the specified role.
- To maintain personal ability in, and appropriate use of, all relevant IT (Information and Technology) and other systems required to adequately perform the role.
- To act ethically, with integrity and in the best interest of the business at all times
- To maintain a professional and supportive relationship with team members and other departments in order to deliver business objectives or deadlines.
- To carry out any other duties as detailed by a member of the management team or authorized representative.
- To keep good time management to minimise any wasted time and maximise productivity and effectiveness.
Quality, health, safety and environment (QHSE):
- Cooperate with the company to achieve a healthy, safe and sustainable working environment
- Work in ways that ensure your own safety and that of others; "Do the right thing even when no one is looking."
- Report any incidents, near misses or other health, safety and environmental concerns
- Deliver all products and services in line with Saab Seaeye quality standards to ensure we meet our customer requirements and highlight any quality concerns or potential improvements.
The role is based full-time on site at our Fareham premises, attracts a full benefit package and competitive salary. Please apply stating salary expectations and availability.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job