Inchcape UK have been awarded No.1 in 'The Sunday Times Best Big Company To Work For' 2016
Do you want to join in our success?
New Car Stock Controller (Mercedes-Benz of Nottingham)
Inchcape is a leading global automotive distributor and retailer operating in the premium vehicle sector, based in 26 international markets, currently employing 14,500 people worldwide
Inchcape is one of the leading franchised retailer motor groups in the UK representing many of the world’s leading brands, with over 100 Retail Centres working in partnership with Audi, Volkswagen, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Jaguar, Land Rover, Toyota, Lexus, MINI and Porsche, employing over 5500 people
We are committed to ensuring we have the right people, with the right learning to develop, receiving the right reward and recognition for their contribution and in a working environment that fosters the right culture to support Inchcape’s mission to be the world’s most customer centric automotive retailer. To this end we believe we have developed one of the best employment propositions in the automotive retail sector and have a dedicated HR team to support it. The Inchcape Retail UK HR team provide a number of services to support employees across the business
The New car stock team would work with the teams across the market area to ensure the correct management of new car stocks on a rolling basis. This includes the specification of cars allocated and the ability to work within the market area to manage the transfer and delivery of stock requested by other sites. The role will also require the need to produce regular stock reports to communicate across the division current stock holding and forward allocation. This role is critical in controlling stock levels and ensuring the correct specifications are ordered from manufacturer to meet customer demands.
* Specification of new vehicles allocated From Mercedes Benz
* Administering new car stocks across the division
* Arranging transfers of vehicle stocks within the Division.
* Involvement in future allocation specification as a working party
* Creation and maintenance of working stock lists to be distributed
* Build and maintain a working relationship with all sites
* Liaise with brand partners if requested
* Control external transfer requests from out of group
* Production of ad hoc reports when required by divisional personnel
Core skills and experience required:
* Basic understanding of Word and Excel
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Confident in using the Internet for research
* Highly organised and able to manage own time efficiently
* Pro-active, resilient and personable
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Flexible working patterns.
* 22 days holiday, rising to 25 after 5 years
* Company pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Childcare voucher scheme
* Discount gym membership
* Vehicle purchase discount
* Employee Advantage - retail discounts with over 3000 retailers
* Cycle to work scheme