Our client is seeking a New Business Underwriting Team Leader to join their team in Manchester, your role will be to manage the underwriting (front line) team in order to deliver a service where the insurance needs of our customers are met.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage the volumes and variation of work into the team and allocate accordingly to ensure that customer’s demands are met, using the data available to identify predictable variations in demand and manage the team accordingly.
- Ensure a one stop capability of response wherever possible, monitoring and identifying any barriers to this, making recommendations to management for changes/solutions required.
- Monitor team data to identify variations in demand, type and frequency and make suggestions for changes in line with system thinking theory
- Analyse the productivity data to monitor percentage of value demand v failure demand and take steps where necessary to keep failure demand to a minimum.
- Effectively service demand from the brokers, building effective working relationships
- To undertake training in line with agreed objectives and keep up-to-date with technical, legal and market developments via use of e-learning, internal training and reading market related material.
- To conduct the business of the Company at all times in a courteous and efficient manner.
- To undertake any other task as may reasonably be required by the Company.
The successful candidate will, at various times, act for the insured and insurer. You will be responsible for adhering to all the Group's procedures and policies in relation to the identification and management of potential conflicts of interest and for the fair treatment of customers, and will ensure they follow the systems and controls operating to ensure that this is the case.
My client is a successful insurer with a number of offices across the UK. They offer a variety of different products to a number of brokers and business partners within the commercial insurance market. It is exciting times to join a successful insurer during this exciting period of growth of development.
How to Apply
If you would like more information regarding this exciting opportunity please forward your CV in confidence quoting reference 1801-12DH
Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, if you do not hear from us within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
- Team Leader