Our client is looking to recruit a New Business Underwriter to join their team in Manchester.
Role / Duties:
- Develop, negotiate and profitably underwrite new business
- Provide embedded underwriting support at partner and customer sites if required.
- Plan, prioritise and manage individual work to deliver agreed objectives and meet SLA’s to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Act as referral point for the team providing coaching, training in an appropriate time frame
- Use the appropriate method of communication (telephone, face to face) to support our client’s right first time approach in order to maintain successful Internal and External relationships.
- Act on individual audit results and agreed action plans within agreed deadlines to improve own performance
- Understand and operate within regulatory framework and identify and escalate any risks to the business.
- Identify complaints, act upon them and resolve in line with company policy.
- Conduct audits and provide feedback, coaching and training as appropriate
- Provide team manager support as and when required.
- Manage a defined caseload
- Actively expand personal technical and niche knowledge both informally (networking internally and externally, internet, industry press) and formally (In-house training, CII, CPD)
To apply for this role, the successful candidate must have the following skills:
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English at grade C or above or equivalent experience
- Qualified Dip CII or commitment to achieve within an agreed timescale
- Market, Industry and Company knowledge
- A proven track record of delivering exceptional customer service
- Sound technical underwriting knowledge (will be tested)
- Able to work as part of a team and support colleagues
- Resilient and adaptable
- Proactive and prepared to research answers and solutions
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Experience of acting as a coach within a commercial environment
- Experience of effective stakeholder management within a commercial environment
How to apply:
To apply for this role, please forward your CV in confidence quoting reference 1709-13SH.
Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, if you do not hear from us within 7days unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.
- New Business Development