Simpson Millar LLP has been established over 150 years and we recognise that everyone wants a service that suits their needs, which is why we have developed a range of products and services that are simple, transparent and have no hidden surprises. We provide a wide range of legal services, including: family, clinical negligence, commercial, immigration, professional negligence, conveyancing, employment, road traffic accidents and holiday claims.
We now have a vacancy in our Manchester office for a New Business Team Leader.
Our New Business Team Leader will be a natural leader, responsible for the management of personal injury and road traffic accident claims. You will ensure a proactive approach whilst delivering excellent customer service throughout, leading and motivating your team, removing or overcoming any obstacles that have an adverse effect on performance and morale.
You will have a solid understanding of FNOL and team management.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Achieve all operational targets for the FNOL team, including the technical quality of the work produced and service delivery levels
- Plan and control workloads for maximum efficiency, monitor and improve work quality and productivity of individuals within your team
- Control and co-ordinate resources to ensure that all claims are dealt with efficiently and within acceptable time scales to achieve optimum quality, productivity and profitability for the team
- Review and monitor work-flow and claims allocated to individuals within the team, providing guidance and coaching or reallocating resources, as required
- Performance management of team through transactional monitoring
- Train, develop and appraise staff to optimise performance and achieve high standards of customer care by motivating, encouraging team spirit and ensuring that staff work professionally
- Providing coaching and feedback and 121 reviews (on-going not just remedial) with a monthly focus on personal development
- Handle or delegate the handling of complaints in accordance with the Complaint Procedure, but retaining personal responsibility for the satisfactory resolution of the complaint
- Ensure that the processes and procedures adopted by the team comply with those set out in the operating manual
Educated to at least A-level A-C
- Proven experience of claims case management including FNOL, OR minimum of 2 years’ experience of insurance claims handling
- Sound demonstrable team management skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and cope with pressure
- Excellent communication skills written, verbal and MI to all levels of staff
- First-hand experience of training and coaching with full understanding of best practice and industry standard methodology
- A palpable drive for excellence, passionate about being best in class
- Full understanding at a detailed level of the PI Portal process
- Ability to make sound decisions upon the back of strong MI analysis, deep understanding of the numbers and what they drive
If you wish to be considered for this opportunity to be our New Business Team Leader click ‘apply’.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.