New Business Team Leader
£24,500 - £30k dependant on experience + company car and excellent benefits
Closing date: 14th January
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Team Leader to join our New Business department at our lively Customer Operations head office. As one of the main contact points for our retail partners, New Business plays a crucial role in the overall perception of the service provided by VWFS UK.
You’ll be working for an iconic brand and be part of a culture that saw us included in the top 10 great places to work in the UK this year. Competitive salary plus fantastic benefits including company car!
About the role
Reporting into the New Business Operations Manager, you will be responsible for leading and developing a number of New Business Advisors within the Retail Contract Hire, Quality Assurance and Escalations and Payout areas through effective management and development.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leadership through effective coaching of your team members by agreeing individual objectives, monitoring performance and conducting regular performance reviews
- Carry out regular 1:1 meetings which are focused, motivational and enhance performance of the individual.
- Analyse and identify trends to recognise good staff performance and address weak performance
- Take ownership of some key processes and ensure they are managed and controlled within the service levels agreed
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the processes or systems within the department by evaluating the quality of work done
- Review controls and management information using reporting tools
- Plan resource requirements and manage workloads which include the organisation of staff rotas over weekends and holiday periods
- Resolve more complex business and personnel issues by making appropriate business decisions
- Coaching or leadership experience of working within an operational environment
- Track record of driving performance through successful coaching
- Full PC literacy is essential.
- Excellent communication skills across the spectrum up to senior management level.
- The desire to learn about VWFS and to identify opportunities to improve our service offering
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet demanding deadlines.
- Be target driven and understand the best way to drive performance
- Experience in Underwriting would be beneficial - but not essential
Company car, fuel card + discounted loan car scheme, annual discretionary bonus, 27 days holiday, generous pension scheme, private healthcare, free on-site parking, and much more
- Team Leader
- Team Management
- Business Operations
- Monitoring Performance
- New Business Generation