The principle objective of this role is to pursue, prospect, develop and close on new business and client leads building a portfolio and working on the planning and delivery of an overall client acquisition strategy for the company. A strong interest and knowledge of sports and entertainment is required as well as a commercial astuteness, motivation, creativity, flexibility and desire to be a part of a start-up business.
As a New Business Sales and Events Consultant you will undertake an array of tasks & responsibilities:
- Work in consultation with the MD in the development of the sales, product and client acquisition strategy for the business
- Instigate and conduct client meetings, create and manage sales initiatives to generate qualified new leads and referrals from existing clients and negotiate closure of sales
- Be responsible for the creation of individual client proposals, presentations, leading on client -facing pitches
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all inbound product related enquiries
- Regularly attend networking and product events
- Assume responsibility for the entirety of client journey from the initial enquiry through to post-event follow-up
- Research and identify potential new product and partnership opportunities worldwide
- Negotiating rates with service providers
- Assume ownership of sales support materials and other marketing collateral directed at both existing and prospective clients
New Business Sales and Events Consultant Skill attributes:
An excellent and effective knowledge of sports and entertainment events worldwide
Ability to effectively troubleshoot in a timely manner
Excellent attention to detail and customer service skills
Proficient in all Microsoft Office products
A pro-active and flexible can-do attitude (this is a start-up company)
Willingness to continually develop product knowledge and eagerness to learn
Preferably have previous experience in the travel, hospitality or football/sport business or to have experience in a sales and service environment.
Due to the number of applications – ONLY successful applicants will be contacted.
For all the latest jobs log on to
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job