New Business Manager
Responsible to Head of Fundraising
Contract Type Permanent - Full time
Salary Competitive & negotiable £35-45k
Location London - Wembley Park
Direct Reports NoneAbout the role
We are looking for someone highly proactive, ambitious and experienced to come and lead on securing new corporate partnerships for this Children’s Charity. The New Business Manager will be responsible for building new relationships, writing proposals and presenting pitches to win new COTY, strategic and brand partnerships with an emphasis on long term relationships worth £100k+ a year.
Joining a successful and growing fundraising team, you will get to really put your stamp on things - playing a major role in helping shape the future growth and development of the charity and working closely with senior managers and impressive boards of Execs and Trustees.
The charity has a heritage of high value, high profile partnerships with companies like Deutsche Bank, Nomura and Domino’s, and we won a Better Society Award for our partnership with Fragrance Shop plus a Third Sector Business Charity Award for our nationwide partnership with Frankie & Benny’s.Key responsibilities and duties
- Build and manage a robust pipeline to secure new mutually beneficial, multi-year partnerships that meet financial and non-financial targets and support our fundraising vision and priorityareas
- Focus on building momentum through the sales cycle, from researching, identifying and approaching new prospects through to fact-find meetings, tailored proposals, negotiating andclosing.
- Secure new corporate relationships including strategic partnerships, commercial and brand partnerships, charity of the year, sponsorship and corporate grants &foundations.
- Seek pro-bono support and gifts in kind for agreed projects andservices
- Work with the Head of Fundraising to define new business priorities including sectors and top prospects, strategy and projected acquisitionbudget
- Work collaboratively with internal teams to identify, define and value propositions you can take tomarket
- Create and ensure delivery of cultivation plans forprospects
- To work autonomously to KPIs and be accountable for owntarget
- To be responsible for recording all activities undertaken and report regularly to senior internal stakeholders on pipeline andprogress
- Work closely with the account manager to ensure smooth transition of prospects, and to decide best approach forrenewals
- To comply with all recommendations and best practise set out by relevant bodies including the Institute of Fundraising and FundraisingRegulator
- Experience of consistently achieving financial and non-financialtargets
- Experience of personally securing high value partnerships (five, six and seven figuredeals)
- Experience of selling sponsorship and marketingpropositions
- Experience of creating cause related marketing products andservices
- Experience of building and managing a sales pipeline, overseeing the process from lead generation to close and monitoring conversionrates
- Proven experience of building long-term effective relationships with senior stakeholders, both internal and external
- Leading multiple projects and cross-organisationalworking
- Demonstrable experience of identifying, valuing and taking to market diverse and complexpropositions
Skills and Behaviours
- Performance and targetdriven
- Exceptional listening skills and effective written and oral communicationskills
- An inspiring and engaging communication style with ability to deliver inspirational presentations to a variety of audiences clearly, concisely andconfidently
- Ability to write creative proposals and pitches that stand out both in terms of both content andvisuals
- Highly professional, flexible and committed to going above and beyond the remit of the role to achieve and exceedtargets
- Proactive, creative strategic thinker who spots newopportunities
- Good influencing and negotiating skills with a confident and persuasiveapproach
- Ability to convey passion for the cause and the work that wedo
- Ability to plan, organise and work under own initiative and to meet agreed deadlines by prioritising and managing ownworkload
- Flexible andsolution-focused
- A resilience and positive persistence that effectively opens doors for the charity whilst upholding the values of this Children Charity.
- B2B sales