New Business Gas Negotiator - Oxford
£20,000-£25,000 DOE + Company Performance Bonus & Benefits
Are you looking to develop your career? Do you want to be part of a successful New Business Negotiator team?
If so, we want to hear from you!
Opus Energy, part of the Drax group, is a leading independent supplier of gas and electricity to businesses all over the UK. With over 300,000 customers and circa 900 employees spread across modern offices in Oxford, Northampton and now Cardiff, we're a dynamic and innovative organisation. Due to continued growth within our New Business Negotiator department, we are looking to recruit a New Business Gas Negotiator to join our Oxford office. In this role you will be responsible for responding to tenders from customers and external brokers, employing successful negotiation skills, whilst building on-going relationships, which will ensure the continued growth of the business.
Key responsibilities in this role include:
- To respond, negotiate and close tenders with third party brokers and/or large organisations within the energy retail market
- Contact brokers daily, building relationships to facilitate the success of the business
- To manage own portfolio of clients maximising new business and renewal opportunities
- To work directly with Corporate Pricing to ensure tenders are correctly handled
- Use effective questioning of brokers to obtain a thorough understanding of our competitors and their products
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Substantial business sales negotiation skills and/or relationship-building experience
- Extensive experience of working to targets including new business and renewal business, data cleansing and outbound call time
- Excellent telephone manner - must be comfortable calling brokers daily for feedback
- Ability to establish rapport and build relationships quickly
- Ability to communicate confidently and assertively with brokers and colleagues, including senior managers
- Flexible approach to working and the ability to cope with frequently changing environments
- Ability to manage workload effectively whilst working to a number of deadlines
- Willingness to receive and act upon constructive feedback with a desire to develop knowledge, skills and abilities
If this sounds of interest and you're keen to develop your career within a growing company, please apply today!
You may also have experience of;
Sales, Telesales, Account Manager, B2B Sales, Corporate Negotiator, Sales Executive, Utilities, Energy Broker etc.