New Business Development Executive
Circa £25,000 - £30,000 per annum (plus £6,000 car allowance)
The IET are seeking a confident and well-presented individual with a background in sales to support the development of membership sales and identify new areas of growth.
This role is known internally as a Regional Account Manager.
The main focus of this role is new business prospecting - so while some account management experience is desirable, these skills will come in time with on the job training. In this way, initiative and a drive to learn, develop and succeed is essential!
You will have a passion for selling and be able to work on your own initiative to develop new opportunities. You will be joining a driven team, who work closely together and have a strong one team approach. Ideally you will have experience of working to targets.
This role is primarily an office based role, but you will have the chance to join the Regional Development Managers (RDM) in getting out and about at events and other meetings. When this gets into full swing you might find you are out and about up to three days per week during busier times. The car allowance that comes with this role will support you in the requirement to travel and as such a full and current driving licence is essential.
Please send in your CV and covering letter today. We look forward to hearing from you!
Main Duties and Responsibilities (Summary)
- To achieve agreed annual membership sales targets.
- To proactively work with existing partners to develop membership opportunities.
- Effectively share information within membership team to provide further regional membership recruitment opportunities
- Work collaboratively with internal
- To work with the RDM’s to deliver presentations to Students and Apprentices
- To support stand duty events across the regions
- Identify new partner opportunities for the RDMs to follow up on
- Arrange/support/cover RDM partnership meetings as required
- To support/cover the Partnership & Development Executive role as and when required and follow up membership leads and collect payment
- Ensure Company Based Registration Scheme leads are passed to relevant team member
- Log and initially follow up all new leads per region
- Work across all accounts to co-ordinate national activity
- Obtain purchase orders or payment as required.
- Work closely with the Retention Team
- Working with the Account Manager and Regional Development Managers
- To record all account activity on the CRM System (Microsoft Dynamics).
- Follow up RDM attendance sheets after presentation to collect payment
- A willingness to travel throughout the UK regularly and occasional overseas travel
- Degree/equivalent qualification or an equivalent level of competence.
- Demonstrable track record in sales and/or customer relationship management
- Confident in dealing with people at all levels internally and externally.
- Excellent team-working, interpersonal and coordinating skills.
- Excellent communication skills - written, oral and presentational.
- Good level of IT skills - Microsoft Office.
- Full driving License
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Account Management experience
- Knowledge of the engineering and IT & communications sectors
- Communication Skills
- Account Executives
- New Business Development