New Business Development Engineer
New Business Development
New Business Development Manager
You will be responsible for pursuing new business opportunities, providing sales support to customers and making site visits to existing and potential new customers across the UK. This unique role is 50% office-based and 50% external.
- Responsible for the active pursuit of new business opportunities by proactively engaging with infrequent/non-spending and new customers.
- Handle customer enquiries by telephone and email.
- Prequalify customers technical and commercial requirements.
- Look for opportunities to add value e.g. AVS, solutions, additional equipment and services.
- Produce clear and accurate quotations and perform contract reviews.
- Actively participate in the utilisation of Salesforce.com for the purpose of cooperation and collaboration of business opportunities.
- Own and manage customer accounts including database maintenance and adherence to credit control procedures.
- Manage and follow up open opportunities to close the sale.
- Prioritise workload and self-manage activities whilst keeping your manager informed from the pre-qualification stage right through to close-out.
- Be responsible for the organisation and fulfilment of customer visits and presentations throughout the UK.
- Enhance product, service and solutions knowledge via formal training, on-the-job training and online learning.
- Identify cross-selling opportunities and communicate with service and solutions to develop integrated offering and expand the sale.
- Take ownership of complaints, returns and any other issues affecting customer satisfaction.
- Commit fully to the company Performance & Development Review process.
- Work to the company Quality Assurance procedures.
Ideally educated to degree level - technical degree or equivalent relevant industry qualification.
Must have English Language and Maths GCSE.
Previous work experience in the process industry or with instrumentation is essential or alternatively commercial sales experience.
Specialist training required:
Up to 12 months on-the-job training within the sales process.
Specific aptitude/skills required:
Good communication skills and telephone manner.
Excellent interpersonal skills and a high regard for exceptional customer service.
Able to multi-task.
Able to work under pressure.
Must be able to work as a team member and also as an individual.
Prioritise and organise own workload.
Able to make decisions in absence of manager.
Consultative selling approach with sound close-out skills.
Good face-to-face communicator.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.