We are currently working with a highly respected broker in Leeds that are now looking to recruit a New Business Broker / Sales broker into the team.
This broker has a track record of promoting within; only recently two of the Internal New Business brokers have been promoted to Account Executives, who are now out on the road winning new clients and as a result, are making a very healthy salary and bonus. Other success stories include promotions to head up entire departments/offices.
Salary for this position is up to £27,000 with a realistic bonus of £100 to £500 in your first few months, whilst you establish your market and then you would be looking at a steady £500/600 per month bonus after that (this figures are based on current staff members bonuses).
Key Job Duties:
- Ensure that all new business instructions and requirements are handled promptly and accurately
- Work closely with prospects to ensure all instructions and requirements are handled promptly and accurately
- To work closely with the account handling team to ensure that all new business instructions and requirements are handled promptly and accurately.
- Adhere to Delegated Authority Scheme Criteria within your agreed level of authority.
- Where scheme placement is not appropriate seek alternative open market insurer placements
- Prompt handling of all matters - day-to-day enquiries and new enquiries. To operate in accordance with company agreed processes.
- Develop strong relationships with key suppliers/introducers as evidenced by account size and profitability
- Proactive development of new business streams Pipeline and data .
- Review insurer placements to ensure that best advice is offered at all times.
- Work towards individual KPI’s as set by Line Manager
- Undertake Continuing Professional Development.
You will need exposure to a sales environment within a commercial brokerage and have the right mindset to win new business, generate leads and ultimately run your own desk.
This is a serious position with serious job prospects - if you have the right experience, come across well and demonstrate ambition you will likely secure the position. The opportunity this position creates is substantial for you in both in the short-term and long-term. Career plans/directions will be discussed and made clear from the offset to ensure that you are constantly moving towards your own career goals within the company.
If this position sounds of interest, please do apply below and a consultant from Victoria Recruitment will be in touch.
- Business Development
- Commercial Insurance
- New Business Development