NHS Professionals in partnership with University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust are looking for:
Neurosurgery Registered Theatre Practitioners to join the bank.
Flexible and long term opportunities are available.
Location – Derriford Hospital
Day rate: £20.42 per hour paid weekly
Night/Saturday rate: £23.00 per hour paid weekly
Sunday/Bank Holiday rate: £23.52 per hour paid weekly
NHS Professionals is the leading provider of managed flexible workforce services to the NHS with approximately 40,000 nurses, doctors, administration and clerical and other healthcare professionals signed to its bank. We help our 62 NHS Trust clients implement tactical measures to improve workforce efficiency and productivity as part of an overall workforce strategy.
We are seeking Neurosurgery Registered Theatre Practitioners who are motivated and enthusiastic with excellent communication and team working skills to join our bank.
In order to apply for this post you must have a minimum of 6 months’ experience in a similar role held within the last 2 years, and hold a valid NMC/HCPC registration.
The post holder should be able:
- To be aware of the management of drugs and to adhere to local policies and administer drugs as required
- Work within the guidelines of NMC and HPC Codes of Practice (depending on registration)
- Plan and prepare equipment according to patients needs/procedures
- Monitor and assess patient’s condition, responding to any changes as required
- Direct/participate in the manoeuvring and the positioning of conscious and unconscious patients
- Handover and transferring responsibility of care to colleagues – relaying importing information
- Supporting and re-assessing patients and relatives/carers during perioperative procedures
- Implement and evaluate care plans
- Maintain accurate patient and theatre records
- Supervise and mentor junior grades, including delegation of patient care to members of staff with an appropriate level of skill
- Monitor/order stock and supplies, rotating stock as necessary
In return for your hard work and your professional, caring and reliable service you will have access to the following benefits:
- Competitive, weekly pay
- Paid annual leave
- Training and development opportunities
- Access to our very own pension’s scheme called ‘NHSP Stakeholder pension’
- Access to a wealth of Health Service Discounts
Please note that you will be contacted via email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails regularly.
We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'