My client is actively looking to engage Network Transport Planners who have vast experience in centralised planning near Burton-on-Trent in Derbyshire.
My client is based in the Burton-on-Trent area in Derbyshire and is a major supplier of FMCG's. They immediately require a Network Transport Planner to join their ever-expanding team. A dynamic individual with strong analytical skills and the willingness to drive to succeed is required to join their fast moving operation.
The successful Network Transport Planner with be required to report daily into both the Planning Team Managers and overall UK Network Manager. Additionally they will be responsible for the following day to day tasks:
- Effective trunk route planning of over 200 multi-drop deliveries of FMCG goods.
- The effective resolution of problems arising in the network.
- Effective planning and management of both own-fleet and sub-contractor vehicles.
- A strong emphasis in cost-effective planning and the ability to maximise revenues for the business.
- Liaising with both drivers and customers with regards to scheduling within the network.
- Planning of back-haulage within the trunk network with a mind-frame of increasing fleet utilisation.
A candidate with proven experience in the Distribution Logistics and Supply Chain sector is required to join a FMCG operation in the Derbyshire area.
The ideal candidate will report into the Network Planning Manager and have the following skills set and qualifications...
- Strong experience in a similar centralised planning background with large companies.
- Experience managing vast trunking networks or Control Tower Planning experience.
- Route Planning experience for around 200 multi-drop deliveries per day.
- Experience of project management within transport, looking a maximising fleet utilisation.
- Vast knowledge of back haul procedures and building excess revenue through sub-contraction.
- A knowledge of compliance and ADR regulations would be beneficial.
- Ability to work during the day-time (Monday-Friday) with a small element of weekend work.
- Educated to a Prince 2 or Six-Sigma level with experience in managing large scale projects and looking at increasing network efficiency's.
- Ideally educated to Degree level, desirably in Business or Logistics Management
- MCILT would be desirable
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job