This role provides dedicated front line support to the team to ensure the AMR (Automatic meter reading) infrastructure is fully operational at all times.
You will be fully dedicated to support metering stations, data loggers and networks, this is a remote/onsite role.
You will be kept up to date with all product development to enable you to carry out this support role effectively; full training will be provided for the existing products.
- Network configuration checks and fault finding both on RS485, Mbus, GPRS and Ethernet networks.
- Routers, Ethernet switches and broadband configuration
- Data logger commissioning, upgrades and repairs
- RS485 amplifiers repairs, upgrades and replacements
- Meter replacements
- Site surveys for new adopted projects
- Site surveys for metering and billing regulation compliance
- Energy conservation surveys
- Basic understanding of electronic
- Experience of hardware and software installation related to AMR systems
- Knowledge Mbus, ModBus networks
- TCP/IP networking: routers, LAN, VLAN, Port forwarding, Static and dynamic IP addresses.
- Program configuration and fault findings
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent communication skills.
Ideally you will have technical experience of real time systems and be comfortable on site together with being computer literate.
Company vehicle is provided.
- Technical Support
- Network Connectivity
- Smart Metering