Network Support Engineer
Location: Great Yarmouth
Salary: £30,000 - £37,000 per annum
Our client prides themselves on years of experience in the field of communications, and dedicates themselves in providing a reliable communication service to their customers. Due to their continued growth they are now looking to recruit a Network Support Engineer to add to their expanding team based in Norwich.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Become the main point of contact for all internal networking infrastructure as well as the “network” which compromises of three points made up of routers, switches and security devices, a Global IP Network, authentication, DNS, (S) FTP, SMTP Services and other application services.
- Responsible for all ‘Business as usual’ tasks relating to internal networking services
- Responsible for supporting customer solutions as part of the Group Technical Team.
- To respond to and manage support tickets from Helpdesk and if required liaise with internal staff
- Good understanding of TCP/IP & OSI model
- Network administration supporting core business environments
- Knowledge of LAN switch configuration on Cisco Switches
- Knowledge of configuration on Cisco Routers including routing protocols
- Knowledge of Firewall & VPNs
- Experience of Network Management systems/platforms
- Design, testing & implementation of changes to networks, including software updates, hardware
- Good understanding of Network Security
- Administration of VOIP Telephony systems
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A can-do positive, pro-active attitude
- Excellent listening, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks while under pressure
- Taking responsibility for business critical issues
For this role you will be required to work on-call therefore being located close to the office is desirable.
If you are able to show the relevant experience obtained from a similar role then please apply.