A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join our client, a technology and service leader powering the financial markets globally. They are seeking a Network Support Analyst to join them on a permanent contract in their diverse team based in the City of London.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent communication skills and a solution focused approach. The Network Support Analyst will hold excellent working knowledge of network systems, ticketing tools and previous Service Desk experience. If this sounds like you, please read on!
Network Support Analyst Key Responsibilities:
- Provide first line diagnostics and Tier 1 troubleshooting technical support to clients via various communication channels, including telephone, email or web
- Open Incident and Change Request tickets and manage throughout the ticket lifecycle
- Ensure that tickets and clients are updated per defined intervals, as documented within incident lifecycle procedures
- Log all troubleshooting steps and statistics in the ticketing system
- Dispatch cases to Tier 2 in a timely manner for additional investigation when appropriate
- Escalate incidents to first level escalation following the defined escalation process
- Work with telecommunications and service providers globally to ensure timely fault resolution, escalating within our providers when necessary
- Monitor network performance across a variety of platforms and proactively manage related event notifications
- Liaise closely with Tier 2 and other engineering teams to ensure issues are being addressed with efficiency and speed to meet SLA requirements
- Produce reports e.g. major outages, fault resolution and statistics
- Document new process and procedures as and when required
- Identify areas for improvement and communicate these clearly and professionally to the management team
Network Support Analyst Essential Skills and Experience:
- Commitment to service excellence with the ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, team environment
- Strong technical acumen with ability to learn and be able to provide immediate solutions
- Working knowledge of industry standard ticketing tools including; Remedy, Service Now etc.
- Working knowledge of industry standard proactive alarm monitoring tools including Netcool
- Must hold at least two years of proven Service Desk experience
- Ideally has a Cisco qualification (CCNA or better), or other relevant industry standard certification
- Demonstrable experience of fault isolation and troubleshooting within an MPLS environment
- Networking fundamentals knowledge LAN/WAN, Routing, and Switching
- Strong work ethic and an energetic, influential, and diplomatic work style
- Experience in 'translating’ technical information in to business appropriate language
- Ability to provide shift cover as part of the team roster and which will include weekends and public holidays
If this excellent opportunity sounds like the right career step and you are seeking a new challenge, please apply with your CV today!
Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, occasionally due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application may not have been successful this time but we will keep your details on file and may contact you with future opportunities.
- Line Support
- Service Desk
- Technical Support
- Ticketing Systems