A Network Specialist opportunity offering up to £36,399 per annum with performance related pay up to £45,499
Your new company
This new opportunity has arisen for a Network Specialist to join a globally recognised organisation who are leaders in technology and management, who unlock the potential of people and organisations by partnering with business and governments to deliver transformational research and professional development.
Your new role
In your new role as Network Specialist you'll be responsible for ensuring the IT network infrastructure is highly available and secure, providing quality service to IT infrastructure services and members of the organisation. You'll use industry best practice methods and approaches to design, develop, test and implement changes to the network infrastructure that enhance and improve IT services
Main key duties include:
- Developing, testing and implementing changes and additions to network infrastructure services, providing specialist support for specific services.
- Ensuring the operation and delivery quality of specific network infrastructure services is maintained to a high standard.
- Providing third line technical support and expert advice on technologies relating to network team services.
- Proactive maintenance of network infrastructure equipment security/integrity through software upgrades and monitoring of trends in network activity.
- Providing input into the strategic direction and planning of network team activities.
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Specialist knowledge of specific network technologies.
- Ability to design, implement and support infrastructure systems.
- Knowledge of network protocols, routing, switching, firewalls, data cabling, network monitoring tools and Unix & Windows OS.
- The ability to leverage appropriate technical tools to perform day-to-day administration tasks, root-cause analysis and service restoration (such as backup, restore, failover, log interpretation, and performance
monitoring) for network systems.
- Good interpersonal skills ensuring users ranging from administrative staff to senior level executives articulate their requirements, explaining complex issues, providing training for systems and functionality.
- Proactive team player with an enthusiasm for problem solving, planning and prioritising a complex and varied workload.
- Excellent time manager.
Any relevant technical qualifications are advantageous but not essential (e.g. CCNP, JNCP, CWNA)
What you'll get in return
In return you'll be offered a starting salary up to £36,399 per annum with additional performance related pay up to £45,499 plus an array of benefits. You'll join an organisation that are renowned for staff development, providing support on lots of internal and external training to help you progress with your career. You'll join a small team that are close knit and supportive that can offer strong work-life balance and flexible working hours.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'