£400 day rate (Inside IR35)
We are currently working on an exciting new contract for our client, a leading public sector organisation in Cheshire. They are currently looking for an experienced Network Security Engineer to join their Infrastructure team.
The role of the Network Security Engineer (Firewalls) will include:
• Supporting the team in apply firewall rules and configuration changes to support
• Ensuring that firewall configurations are implemented, documented and readily supportable.
• Reviewing the configurations of the firewalls to develop and execute an improvement plan to ensure they are configured in accordance with industry best practice. Implement rigorous change control and standards for firewall configurations.
• Developing and mentoring the in house staff in effectively supporting the Juniper firewalls
• Ensure that the Juniper firewall configurations are backed up and recoverable.
• Maintain technical issues and risk logs to ensure that any issues and risks are appropriately managed and that escalation processes are in place.
The successful Network Engineer (Firewalls) must possess:
• Extensive hands-on experience of configuring and supporting Juniper SRX and Cisco ASA firewalls
• Experience in deployment of solutions
• Experience of IPS/IDS and cloud connectivity and Exposure to Microsoft cloud services and Remote Access Services would be a distinct advantage.
• Juniper Networks Certified Specialist and Cisco CCNA/CCNP in Routing and Switching
Please note: this role does sit inside IR35, so the successful Network Security Engineer will be required to work via an umbrella company.
If this is of interest, please do get in touch via email or on .
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job