Network Security Analyst Job - Checkpoint/Juniper/Cisco Firewall
West Malling, Kent
Salary Negotiable Plus benefits
About the role
Capita IT Services have a brand new role for an experienced Network Security Analyst. Working with the existing Network Operations Manager and his established team based in our West Malling Data Centre
About Capita IT Services
Capita IT Services is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
What you will do / Key Objectives:
- Rule compliance - Checks the firewall rules set against a set of best practice criteria, tailored to Group firewall standard
- Configuration Compliance - Checks other parts of the firewall configuration against vendor-specific best practice criteria
- Optimisation and Clean-up - Analyses the rule base to find duplicate or superfluous rules
- Ensure, no exposure through failure to protect information / data assets of Capita, our clients or end customers from loss, theft, alteration or destruction.
Your experience will include:
- Strong IDS / IPS Skills,
- Security event monitoring methodology and escalation / investigation of events
- Experience of common and scripted attack methods and countermeasures
- Aan understanding of general networking principles, various operating systems, virus and malicious code forms and defences
- Written excellent technical documentation
- Excellent communication and customer facing skills
- Hand on technical experience in the following technologies:-
- Firewall (ASA, Checkpoint and Juniper)
- Checkpoint Certified
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver <img src="http://maps/api/staticmap?center=ME194YT&zoom=14&size=200x200&maptype=roadmap&markers=ME194YT&color:ORANGE|label:A|&sensor=false&key=AIzaSyA1avTFqfXs_sttGUBwjK6mTjic1Y-zg2I" align="left" />
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
- Network Security