We currently have a Network Optimisation Technician position available for a motivated individual to join our team based at Gallows Gate/Crownhill. Joining us on a full time, permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary of £22,500 - £27,500 per annumplus benefits.
South West Water is part of the Pennon Group, a very successful and stable business which prides itself on sustainability. We provide reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for a population of c. 1.7 million in Cornwall, Devon, and parts of Somerset and Dorset.
We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today’s residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations. Responsibility for the environment is central to this. Our aim is to continually drive up standards, particularly in the areas that matter most to our customers.
Our core values which are essential to our success are:
Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities and each other.
Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us. We’re one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition. In return, we offer an excellent range of benefits which include free car parking at the majority of our sites, company Sharesave Scheme, childcare support, and various health benefits.
This role within DWS requires ourNetwork Optimisation Technician to systematically organise and carry out activity based around the maintenance and optimisation of water network control assets and take a field-based lead role in new installations. The water network comprises 1000’s of control valves of various types that contribute to the effective and continuous provision of water services to customers across the regions. The valves include pressure and air management, reservoir inlet control, zonal pressure monitoring and adjustment, flow control and water quality monitoring – many with SCADA interfaces and alarm annunciation.
You will ensure the control systems are installed to the company standards and are maintained and optimised to maintain service and regulatory standards, ODI’s – (Outcome Delivery Incentives). Cyclic proactive maintenance tasks will be completed by schedule. At times you’ll react to asset failures, responding within agreed SLA’s, to remedy defects and swiftly restore service.
Responsibilities as our Network Optimisation Technician will include:
- Ensuring that the Health, Safety & Security policies and standards are adhered to always. That the principles of Homesafe are embedded in all you do; see, think and act
- Ensuring the provision of excellent relations with customers, regulatory authorities, other bodies and colleagues by working within the required levels of customer service
- Being aware of how your actions and inactions might impact on the natural environment, in particular the impacts on water escaping from bursts and leaks, scouring of pipes and tanks and excavation de-watering activities
- Carrying out network asset optimisation to prevent or minimise interruptions to supply and changes of water quality, always meeting the levels of service we’ve committed to in the company’s business plan
- Undertaking all duties associated with the operation of the network to ensure the provision of a safe, high-quality water supply to customers in accordance with quality regulations, maintaining our customers confidence in our product and service
- Taking responsibility of own training and development, including progressing through the Networks and Customer Services Progression Scheme
What we are looking for in our ideal Network Optimisation Technician:
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades A-C, including Maths, English and a Science subject
- ONC / City and Guilds in relevant engineering/mechanical subject / NVQ in a Water networks discipline (desirable)
- Relevant experience in Water Distribution activity preferred
- Experience in other mechanical/engineering industries/activities considered
- Proven ability to work within a team environment but also on your own, with limited time spent at an office base location
- Proven ability to communicate and liaise effectively with internal and external customers in both verbal and written contexts
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to act with tact and diplomacy towards others
- Reliable, punctual, thorough and committed to achieving the requirements of the role
- Full clean UK Drivers Licence (+E element trailer - desirable)
- Participation in rostered standby - 24/7/365
Closing date: 22nd April 2021
If you are looking for a new challenge, please click apply now to be considered as our Network Optimisation Technician – we look forward to receiving your application.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'